Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 57 total)
  • Gonna have to face it i'm addicted to cheese
  • kormoran
    Free Member

Well after a year of being ‘virtually’ dairy free I have crumbled 🙄 and come home from the deli with some wensleydale and cranberry. Being the festive season I just could not resist the little cubes on cocktail sticks they had in the shop and ended up buying half a pound.

Flipping eck it’s awesome!

I love cheese.

Now I am tempted to put it in a toastie. Or is that better left to a cheddar? I feel I have a lot of catching up to do

andy4d

I feel your pain. I would rather give up drink than cheese…..but the 2 do go so well together.

deadkenny
    Free Member

Indeed. Dangerous stuff as it’s perfect to finish off that bottle with.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    scotroutes

There is such a thing as dairy-free cheese you know.

YEAH, RIGHT!!! 😆

Kuco

Wine & cheese marriage made in heaven 😀

binners

When i’m running the world people who put fruit in cheese will be put on trial for crimes against dairy products, and if found guilty given life sentences, with no chance of parole

Willfully Depriving yourself of cheese is the most insane thing i’ve ever heard!

Are you mad?!!!!

GlennQuagmire
    Free Member

When i’m running the world people who put fruit in cheese will be put on trial for crimes against dairy products, and if found guilty given life sentences, with no chance of parole

But cheese is so good that adding a little fruit here and there is no bad thing. I would normally eat Christmas cake with Wensleydale so the whole cheese/fruit combination gets a big thumbs up from me.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

wensleydale and cranberry

(Am about to demolish some Stilton, Camembert and Caerphilly for dinner. )

GlennQuagmire
    Free Member

wensleydale and cranberry

Nowt wrong with that, this is my local cheese shop. If they make it, then that’s all good with me.

https://www.wensleydale.co.uk/

slowoldman

Nah. Cheese should be served on its own. Doesn’t need additives.

n0b0dy0ftheg0at
    Free Member

Is this the B-side to Robert Palmer’s big hit? 😆

Tesco’s (?) Mexicana… Keep the jar of cinnamon handy! 😯

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

There is such a thing as dairy-free cheese you know.

They have it in prisons to keep any veggie/vegan (etc) prisoners happy. Even the catering manager doesn’t know what It’s made from.

simondbarnes

I’m with Binners

kormoran
    Free Member

F*** I just remembered Cheshire cheese on malt loaf!

Life just got better again!

ads678

I’ve just had fondue! Mmm cheese.

leffeboy

Cheese really is up there in the list of the best foods this life has to offer
    A good mozzarella is an incredible thing

RichPenny
    Free Member

Nowt wrong with that, this is my local cheese shop. If they make it, then that’s all good with me.

GTFO

binners

Here’s your next step, my friend

Welcome back into the fold, brother

kormoran
    Free Member

Is that a thing? Mince pie and cheese?

Well I never. But hell I can see that working.

Jeez there is no end to the talents of cheese!

seosamh77
    Free Member

cheese and grapes are magic, with oatcakes, apple decent too. Have to challenge the resistance to cheese and fruit here! 😆

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Cheese and fruit is fine. A crisp apple with some good cheddar is wondrous. I had some astonishing quince paste with the cheese course on Cathay recently. Cheese with fruit, fruit with cheese, all good.

Fruit IN cheese, however? Evil.

And as for that Parma Violets or mince pie bullpoo, as above, GTFO.

butcher

Tesco’s (?) Mexicana…

Mexicana is a guilty pleasure for me… To the point where I’ve virtually stopped buying anything else. The connoisseurs may stone me now…

F*** I just remembered Cheshire cheese on malt loaf!

Cheshire is a much under-rated cheese. I’m sure it will have its day again.

kormoran
    Free Member

Right, this toastie thing has got me sweating! Do I want a toastie maker or a panini maker?

Head says toastie maker, heart says panini. But I dunno, I remember those little sealed up triangles when I was in from school. I had paninis on holiday, pretty good I have to say but maybe lacking in the melted cheese department. Maybe I just squash the for longer and turn the heat up?

Quick poll please!

kormoran
    Free Member

Is this the B-side to Robert Palmer’s big hit?

Wasn’t that ‘I’ll be your toastie tonight’

Kuco

We have a George foreman at work and I do like to occasionally bring in a cheese panini in and throw in it.

binners

The panini maker is just putting a middle class premium on a breville to deliver a far inferior end product

There’s a reason for Brexit. It’s the panini

Kuco

Original Breville makers were brilliant, newer ones not so. Don’t seem to get as hot as the old ones and imo makes an inferior toastie.

CountZero

Fruit IN cheese, however? Evil.

Fact.
    No issue at all regards cheese and fruit, however.
    A nice sharp Cheddar is my go-to dairy product, but I’m fine with various blue and soft cheese, in fact most cheese, just so long as no deviant has seen fit to despoil it by putting bloody fruit in it!

johndoh
    Free Member

Last night I had cheesy enchiladas then finished off the evening with a whole packet of ready sliced Emmantal. I didn’t eat until this evening living with the shame of what was around half a kilo of cheese eaten.

flashinthepan
    Free Member

A cheese thread and no mention yet of Roquefort? Tut, tut

Despite being French it’s still the king of cheeses and divine with a sweet pear. Fruit IN cheese, on the other hand, is plain wrong

fisha
    Free Member

Toast with lime marmalade topped with big chunks of crumbly Lancashire cheese … Cannae whack it.

johndoh
    Free Member

I’m quite partial to toasted white with lots of butter, strawberry jam and Wensleydale myself.

seosamh77
    Free Member

Where do we stand on cheese in bread?

I’d some jalapeno and cheese bloomer from tesco smothered in flora earlier, wondrous stuff! 🙂

Lucas
    Free Member

Wensleydale and bread with marmalade, that was my get home from school snack 25 years ago (would also line the cheese up along the trough in the celery)

sbob
    Free Member

seosamh77 – Member

smothered in flora earlier, wondrous

Obvious troll is obvious. 😉

wallop

flora

Get in the sea.

theotherjonv

A cheese thread and no mention yet of Roquefort? Tut, tut

Despite being French it’s still the king of cheeses

Thus speaks a man who’s never tried Stichelton.

zippykona

Gould’s Firey Fred is a cheddar everyone should try.
    You can order it online as well.

johndoh
    Free Member

Gotta say that I have tried all these fancy ‘novelty’ cheeses (with fruit, chilli etc) but I have gone full circle and prefer simple cheeses such as Cheddar, Wensleydale, Emmental etc – even over Rustique, Stilton etc etc.

geoffj

Sod your crimes against cheese – this is your biggest

Being the festive season

👿

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 57 total)

The topic ‘Gonna have to face it i'm addicted to cheese’ is closed to new replies.