• This topic has 21 replies, 17 voices, and was last updated 12 years ago by Mush.
Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Gomez!
  • higgo
    Free Member

Whatever happened to them?

iDave
    Free Member

he’s just had a harsh goal decision given against him.

Joe

He’s rubbish. He has to go this summer. Must have cost Spurs 9 points this year.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

No idea, but coincidental I was listening to bring it on this morning. Actually listened to it quite a lot recently!

Kevevs
    Free Member

what happened to the artist that did their covers?. He was completing his painting Degree In The Royal College of Art and that was his first big commission at the time if I recall.

sc-xc

Saw them at a festy in 2006. Bland then, and if they are still around I imagine they would still be bland now.

ridingscared
    Free Member

he got tired of being followed by the cameras so retired to a static caravan in Prestatyn

Kevevs
    Free Member

lol. you’de be amazed at the old celebs hanging out in Prestatyn Caravan parks.

scaredypants

bland is fair – wasn’t long before “bring it on” (?) got quite irritating for me

(bit like a few other bands; decent musicians with no discernible soul)

BeardedDave
    Free Member

They’re still going. Saw them live last summer, on the bill of Hard Rock Calling, headlined by Pearl Jam, at Hyde Park.

The gravelly voiced singer released a half decent solo album, last year.

sc-xc

You’ve hit the nail on the head there scaredypants. There was one song – (something about Manchester?) which was a bit more lively, but the rest were a little dull, although played by a proficient band.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

I can’t imagine ‘Arry is ‘appy after that. But that’s how it goes sometimes. Keeps things more inertesting though, with Liverpool looking hungry for that fifth place, and Chelsea just 3 points behind Man U now, who have a very tough game tomorrow, but then in fairness Arse have bottled it once again, and I dunno if they’ve got anything left really. They could just capitulate and Man U will walk all over them. But an Arse win puts pressure on Man U, and means it could well go right down to the last game of the season.

donsimon
    Free Member

Elfinsafety – Member

I can’t imagine ‘Arry is ‘appy after that. But that’s how it goes sometimes. Keeps things more inertesting though, with Liverpool looking hungry for that fifth place, and Chelsea just 3 points behind Man U now, who have a very tough game tomorrow, but then in fairness Arse have bottled it once again, and I dunno if they’ve got anything left really. They could just capitulate and Man U will walk all over them. But an Arse win puts pressure on Man U, and means it could well go right down to the last game of the season.
    Eh?

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

No?

yunki
    Free Member

hmm.. you’re quite quite wrong..

bring it on was a superb album but I think you have to have lived with some serious drug and alcohol addictions to fully appreciate what it’s about..

I heard that they disappeared up they own bumholes with a dire second album or something though…

bullheart
    Free Member

Saw them at Pilton last year – had an album out entitled ‘A New Tide’.

Very good…

matthewjb
    Free Member

yunki – Member

bring it on was a superb album but I think you have to have lived with some serious drug and alcohol addictions to fully appreciate what it’s about..

I heard that they disappeared up they own bumholes with a dire second album or something though…

I’ve got about three or four of their albums.

I really like them but when I saw them live they were dull. Just going through the motions.

Regarding the drugs: I met someone who toured with them as support. He said Gomez smoked more pot than anyone else he’d met.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

On the drugs point, I once saw 2manyDJs/soulwax they walked off stage at one point and refused to come back until they got a new dealer as the current one had run out!

Bring it on is a great album, but maybe it was a time/place thing rather than the album itself. Miss Thisisnotaspoon hates it, but then again she likes westlife.

bruk

Love their cover of Wichita Lineman from Dermot O’leary radio 2 show.

grievoustim
    Free Member

they moved to the states I believe – as it’s easier to make a living as a touring band there

emsz
    Free Member

They won the Mercury Prize for their first album. My Dad likes/has the Album somewhere. might give it a listen

Mush
    Free Member

I saw them last year in London and while I was never a massive fan, the gig was a lot of fun.

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘Gomez!’ is closed to new replies.