Viewing 33 posts - 1 through 33 (of 33 total)
  • Golspie Wildcat Trails [GoPro]
  • ant0463
    Free Member

I had one of those rare but amazing runs at Golspie wildcats the other day, where it just opened and flowed superbly. Did the whole 1200ft descent in one take and capured it on my GoPro.

If you’ve never been and are wondering what to expect – this is it… Enjoy!

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ClKTTEFBo7Q[/video]

AlexSimon

wow – looks fantastic. Nice one.

budgierider67

I had a fab time there last year but the long climb up to the top was beyond my skill level and then some. I think I would have had a hard time descending it let alone climbing it.

Northwind

Really need to get back up there… It did annoy me a bit with the amount of totally unsighted features- the jump line near the top frinstance, you can’t tell what you’re getting into until you’re committed, that’s not clever. But still, it’s really superb. And not far from Balblair either which is also superb.

mccett
    Free Member

The only POV vid i have ever watched all the way through, there’s a lot going on in that trail! Nice one.

colournoise

Looks like a pretty good trail. From that vid reminds me a bit of Laggan in the style of trail and features.

One to add to the list next time I’m in Scotland I think.

+1 for the choice of Spearhead on the soundtrack too.

slainte 8) rob

stevemtb
    Free Member

Went up there last weekend and really caught a cracking sunny weekend sleeping in the van.

Well worth a 4+ hours trip from Edinburgh, got to be my favourite trail I’ve ridden in the UK.

Went round first on my hardtail then got the big 7 inch freeride bike out for a lap – was difficult getting to the top but soooo much fun on the way down!

Going to watch the vid now to remind me of how good it is. Cheers!!

ant0463
    Free Member

Thanks for the great comments! I’m lucky enough to call this a local trail, but it doesn’t get old riding it. Although, it’s a bit of a monster in the wet. :/

Wasn’t sure about posting the entire clip, but there were few parts I wanted to cut.

maxtorque

Great video, and nice and smooth camera work (usually the undoing of vids like this) I can see how that might be a bit er, interesting, in the wet in places. It’s also pretty obvious from the vid that you “know you way down” it, as there are plenty of blind leaps! 😉

clarkpm4242
    Free Member

Ace vid!

Might be a good one to show people who think the Olympic XC course needs sanitising!!

Cheers, Ta. Paul

DickBarton

Not viewable on mobile devices…never mind then.

_tom_
    Free Member

Looks pretty fun 😀

Kbrembo
    Free Member

Nice Video!

Were you “strava-ing” it?

Here’s an effort I did a few years back…

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KAwBTcRfDqY&feature=player_detailpage[/video]

And Balblair…

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JItNY1E2YKg&feature=player_detailpage[/video]

ant0463
    Free Member

Nice vids! Love the trails at Balblair… might take the GoPro there for the next project! 😀

mtbfix

What are you called on YouTube? Links don’t work on the iPad.

footflaps

Cracking trail, just a shame it’s so far away from most places!

ant0463
    Free Member

@mtbfix – ElViruk used to be my username, but I’m now logged in under Google+, so it may be my name you’ll need to search under: Anthony Round.

Link to Channel, if it helps: http://www.youtube.com/user/ElViruk?feature=mhee

It’s my first and only video though.

grum
    Free Member

Wow that looks great – nice riding too. Can’t wait to give that a go sometime.

eat_more_cheese
    Free Member

Nice vid & soundtrack! I take it you didn’t notice the grizzly bear on the left at 10:08 in?

ant0463
    Free Member

lol. it does look like a Grizzly, but not likely in scotland. I think it’s just the roots of a downed tree.

A deer did jump on the trail at 14:28, continuing the animalistic theme. 😉

* Sorry about the it not playing on mobile devices; it’s on account of the music and copyright determining what devices the video can be viewed upon (no mobile/tv).

martinxyz
    Free Member

Hi Ant,’mart’ here ;O) Yes its a great clip. I watched it the other day after you posted it – right the way through. I’m impressed! Like I said, I skip a lot of the techy stuff and the blind rolling humps. It seems I completely forget what each of them look like on the other side (not to mention the fear of what happened to the rider and walker on the trail mid flight years ago!)

Haven’t you been riding for only 3 years? Fearless!

devs
    Free Member

Ant you cut a corner! Otherwise awesome riding. Did you get through the tight gulley without dabbing? I’ve never managed that but you take pretty much the same line down as me. Thanks for sharing.

ant0463
    Free Member

Thanks Mart! 😀 3 years is about right yeah, but what can I say, addicted! I have a lot of fear for the section @ 04:24, that’s the rock chute that I crashed on back in April; broke my wrist, ribs and took a mental knock to the face.

Won’t ride the black without a full face no more, but it almost counters in terms of safety as that just makes you want to go faster.

@devs – yeah, got through the gully, but it’s pretty tough. The whole run was done without a foot down. Was just lucky on the day though mate. The more I conquered on the way down, the more of a confidence kick I was getting. By the bottom I was just buzzing man. 😀

martinxyz
    Free Member

I need to try a little harder to not go around things next time I’m up there!

flyingmm

Beautiful ride. Going to take a wee detour from torridon me thinks in a couple of weeks 😀

spacemonkey

That was a great little watch. Cracking views to begin with followed by rocky forest action 😀

Did you capture that with an HD 1 or 2? Only asking because I’m looking at camera options right now.

ant0463
    Free Member

@spacemonkey, yeah, this is just the GoPro HD1. I got it about half the price of an HD2, so for me it was a no brainer. Great wee gizmo!

DrP

Looks great 🙂

However, Google maps reminds me it’s a 12 hour, 665 mile drive away 🙁

DrP

superfli
    Free Member

Lol, that’s just what I checked! I might as well goto alps. Shame, nice trail

Yetiman
    Free Member

Cool, another Golspie vid to watch….. I’ll take a gander when I get home. I’ve just realised it’s been nearly 2 years since I was last there and considering I live less than 3 hours away, that just isn’t good enough. I think it’s time I took a day off to head up again. Just thinking about riding lactic ladder on the 2nd and 3rd loops is making my legs hurt :o)

ART

Nice reminder this – not been up that way for a couple of years, but being as far away as DrP means it’ll have to wait for the next trip. Great run BTW – also impressed with the no-dabs wiggle through the rock gulley squeeze in the middle section… phased me every time so far we’ve been there. [sigh] 😉

ant0463
    Free Member

…and just in case you’re looking for something a little different, here’s an edit a friend of mine put together after a weekend trip to Skye. Sublime!

[video]http://vimeo.com/31681476[/video]

robinlaidlaw
    Free Member

Got some footage at Golspie myself at the end of last week:
    Top section:
    [video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qIt6xz4k9ow&feature=plcp[/video]
    Most of the rest is in my channel on YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/user/robinclaidlaw?feature=watch
    First trip there so I was a little cautious on the blind jumps, but what a place, superb fun, highly recommended.
    Unfortunately ended up binning it on an easy bit near the bottom and hurting my ribs but still, superb trails.

Viewing 33 posts - 1 through 33 (of 33 total)

The topic ‘Golspie Wildcat Trails [GoPro]’ is closed to new replies.