Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Golfie tomorow
  • mrtickle
    Free Member

I’m passing through the Tweed Valley tomorrow morning and have 2-3 hours to kill so thought I’d bring the bike. Normally I’d ride GT or Innerleithen but have done these quite a lot so fancy trying the Golfie trails for a change.

Forecast doesn’t look great for today but better tomorrow morning when I’d be out. Looking at the videos online I imagine some of these trails hold up better than others in the wet. Could anyone advise on which trails to aim for considering the time limit and trail conditions?

BoardinBob

Assuming you know where they are

3G
    Repeat Offender
    Nae Spleens
    Old Skool DH
    Community Service
    Final Fling

all hold up well in poor weather and are on the same side of the forest. Stuff on the other side is fine too

Waterworld
    Aussie Rules
    Jawbone
    Pumphouse
    Walk or burn

Other than Lone Wolf nothing gets too muddy although I’ve heard Boner is a mudfest

mrtickle
    Free Member

Thanks! Never been before but those all look relatively easy to find using Strava and Trailforks. Will probably give some from your first list a shot.

BoardinBob

Yeah that’s a good start. 3G and Repeat would be nice introductions. Easy to find and you’re basically looping the same bit of hill.

legend
    Free Member

Bobs first list is spot on, heading round the other side of the hill will eat into too much of your time. Lots to enjoy round there though (+ Flat White if you need something more man-made in your life)

mactheknife

Repeat offender was a blast yesterday, bit muddy at the top but surprisingly loads of grip. Even the roots were grippy 😯 go on i dare you to explain that one.

legend
    Free Member

Golfie stays grippy right through winter, seemingly perfect consistency of mud up there!

BoardinBob

I actually think it’s just been so well ridden the trails are dug right down now. Certainly the busiest routes. On the flipside the tougher trails don’t get the same volume so don’t get torn up

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Golfie tomorow’ is closed to new replies.