Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Golf – a nice relaxing Sunday
  • surroundedbyhills
    Free Member

Rode from N Berwick to Dunbar and back on Sunday (don’t ask) best part of which was being shouted at by a grumpy golfer in Dunbar; as we cycled along a public road, alongside Dunbar GC, a car heading for the golf club did a very close pass, whilst my GF was warming to her theme of **** BMW drivers, a guy who’s pal had just hit a total daisy cutter shouts at us “You should be keeping quiet while someone is teeing off, not complaining about drivers!” ~ In my usual concilliatory manner, I laughed in his face. “Having a nice relaxing Afternoon are we?” I shouted back.
    Then we headed off for crumpets and lashings of Ginger Beer.

cb

What’s your point? Are you trying to suggest all golfers are ****? Woo hoo for you…

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Cool story, bro!

trambler

Golf course etiquette, your supposed to be quiet while they crack on off on the tee, otherwise it can put them off their stroke.

surroundedbyhills
    Free Member

Hmm! – ok on reflection it was perhaps more amusing to me 😕 -but that picture bears an uncanny resemblence to me.

@cb
    My post is art, it doesn’t have have a point..it just is. 😉

EDIT
    I am aware of golf course etiquette, but we were on a public road and someone had just tried to clip me with his wing mirror, either that or was colurmatching my outfit and his car.

DezB
    Free Member

Are you trying to suggest all golfers are ****?

They’re not??

mikewsmith
    Free Member

DezB – Member
    Are you trying to suggest all golfers are ****?

They’re not??
    There is a proportion of the population that are **** some carry sticks and play with balls, some are footballers, some ride bikes and some just hang around on the internet.

DezB
    Free Member

some just hang around on the internet.

*waves*

RustySpanner

best part of which was being shouted at by a grumpy golfer in Dunbar

He was telling you how much he paid for his Pinarello.

Gary_M
    Free Member

In my usual concilliatory manner, I laughed in his face. “Having a nice relaxing Afternoon are we?” I shouted back

Did you not think that the guy playing golf didn’t know someone had just passed you too closely so had no idea why you shouted.

Instead of being a dick about it perhaps a brief apology and explanation would have been a more mature approach. It wasn’t the guy who was on the course’s fault, was it?

surroundedbyhills
    Free Member

a more mature approach

As if!

You did read the OP didn’t you?

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Golf – a nice relaxing Sunday’ is closed to new replies.