• This topic has 18 replies, 12 voices, and was last updated 14 years ago by MTT.
Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Golf.
  • MTT
    Free Member

My newly married mate has decided to take up golf as a form of relaxation so he doesn’t kill the cow. Perfectly logical.

As a good friend I have joined him and, much to my surprise, i find i actually enjoy it. I play every shot with an 8 iron…

Q. Can anyone suggest any on-line resources, hints or tips to help me keep the ball going in a straight line and to generally improve my technique?

I can’t afford the current balls lost to balls found ratio. Thanks.

sofatester
    Free Member

Get a few lessons with the club pro so you at least have a basic swing. Then practice, practice and practice some more!

Pigface
    Free Member

Golf are you mad??? Why would you do that to yourself. Go and sit on the naughty step for a very long time.

MTT
    Free Member

<so so ashamed>

BoardinBob

Q. Can anyone suggest any on-line resources, hints or tips to help me keep the ball going in a straight line and to generally improve my technique?

That’s the point it’ll start going wrong. As soon as you start to over think it, your game goes down the toilet.

Just hit lots of balls and try not to think too much.

MTT
    Free Member

Good advice, I am generally fairly perceptive but i cant stop the bloody thing slicing to the right…?

BoardinBob

aim left

MTT
    Free Member

What 45°? The ball goes onto the adjacent fairway before heading back.

IA

Get some lessons at a driving range, and practice there? Then you don’t loose your own balls (giggety).

thepurist

Just like mountain biking – if you can’t hit the ball as far/straight as your mate, don’t practice your technique – just go and buy a swanky new set of clubs.

wors

make sure your club head is perpendicular to where you want to hit it, check your grip, should be able to see the knuckles on your first 2 fingers on each hand.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

MTT, see this?

That’s you, that is.

mangoridebike

Payne Stewart RIP

Great Golfer Great Man

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Great golfer he may have been, but did he always get dressed in the dark?

scaredypants

flash – I think he used to get paid lots to wear the colours of the nearest american football team to wherever he played

RudeBoy
    Free Member

I play every shot with an 8 iron…

LOL! Like it!

I play ‘Speed Golf’; Just use one club (no sense in lugging that heavy bag around), whack the ball, run after it, whack it, run after it, repeat until ball in hole, then go down pub.

What do you mean, there’s another 17 holes?? 😯

STATO
    Free Member

<so so ashamed>

You bloody should be! GOLF?! I cant believe i have to spend 3 days with you two next month for the C+C. I think i may have to find another B&B and leave you two to fondle each others 3wood.

MTT
    Free Member

RB: Its the way forward. I have a patent pending on a utility club; 8 iron + driver extension, you putt using a queuing action.

STATO: It gets him out of the house…

MTT
    Free Member

PS. I thought it was this month…?

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Golf.’ is closed to new replies.