Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Goldtec Draco Hubs – ratchet ring removal?
  • nedrapier

Afternoon,

I have one of these, and I need to replace the ratchet ring. Or find a bike shop to do it.

Anyone know if the ratchet ring itself is the same as anyone else’s (hope?)

And the removal tool?

They’re not a common hub, it would be good to explain over the phone that it’s the same as “x” and if they don’t have the tools, I can call someone else, rather than drop it in, wait a few days and then find out they don’t have the tools.

Ta!

rockthreegozy
    Free Member

Have you spoken to BETD?

Phil_H

Try calling BETD

jekkyl

try Kev or Alex at spokes: http://spokesbikeshop.co.uk/
    who used to work at Goldtec until they were sacked off and opened their own shop.

nedrapier

Yes and yes. Only the one chap in, I was checking they were OK to do it there, he said I’d be better off passing it to lbs, less shipping for me, and since they moved premises, they don’t have a workshop anymore.

He admitted to not being 100% on tech, said he didn’t know whether it needed a special tool.

Since writing this and something similar on fb, I’ve spoken to Kev at Spokes in Stoke, as suggested by Taz, he said betd should still have the tool. He and Kev didn’t take it with them.

That suggests it’s “special”, but as the chap at betd didn’t seem keen on the work, it would be good to find somewhere else if possible.

Edit: cheers, jekkyl!

bigyinn
    Free Member

Hadge on here is the BETD bloke and is usually pretty helpful.
    They seemed to have the last Hope XC ratchet ring available and they were more than happy to fit & replace it for me.
    Perhaps the guy you spoke with wasn’t feeling helpful?

nedrapier

Cheers bigyinn, I’ve sent him a mail.

Perhaps the guy you spoke with wasn’t feeling helpful?

is that a euphemism for “perhaps you were being an arse?” 😀

I don’t think so, we might have got off on the wrong foot, because I called saying “I’ve got a wheel I’m sending up to you for a ratchet ring replacement, and I’ve got a set of bearings I was hoping you could bash for me while you’ve got it. I’ve got sets for front and rear but I don’t know which to send you, is it the bigger ones or the smaller ones?”

I’d spoken to someone there a few months ago about bearings, freehub bodies and also about replacing a shagged ratchet ring, he said we do that for you, send it up.

So today’s conversation was a bit short of a warm up, because I didn’t think any of it would be a surprise to the guy on the other end. He did seem a bit surprised, and confused why I’d want to send him a wheel, so there was an awkward bit, but I’m pretty sure we got past it. Hope so!

jonnyrockymountain

Yeah drop hadge email, they are probably really busy at mo with the middleburn purchase
    But he is really helpful

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Goldtec Draco Hubs – ratchet ring removal?’ is closed to new replies.