Viewing 16 posts - 41 through 56 (of 56 total)
  • goldie timeless
  • mrmonkfinger
    Free Member

takes me back a bit… it was a beautiful thing to watch DnB unfold from rave around 93/94.

a few not yet mentioned:

splash babylon
    rap spiritual aura
    ss rollers remix
    doc scott shadow boxing
    dead dred dred bass

@schrickvr6 – kudos to your brother

My 14 year old asked me the other day (when in the car listening to Benny Page) ‘why do you listen to youth music’. I had to explain to him that hiphop, dnb and even dubstep (well almost) was around before he was born.

genuine lol

carbonfiend
    Free Member

Virtually everything on Lucky Spin & Deejay recordings especially if Pete Parsons was involved plus The legend that is Remarc 🙂

razorrazoo

My favourite studio produced DJ Hype mix album from back in the day.

Used to get some excellent D&B nights up in Birmingham when I was at uni in the late 90s.

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2wfQv88P0Ok[/video]

kudos100
    Free Member

Another vote for bukem and Adam f. Spent quite a few nights mashed off my face listening to logical progression and circles 🙂

Both still sound good to this day.

Xylene
    Free Member

Currently listening to – Fast Jungle Music – Hospital records fantastic
    Blue Leaves – Etherwood – fantastic
    Are we there yet – London Elekrticity – Hospital as well

Bought all three, haven’t bought any albums in years.

For the old school though – Technical Itch is my ringtone

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R2MVDOTF4pw[/video]

Technical Itch on John Peel

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WvduAQTGdBU&list=PLFB5uG2rNWRC_PtOggnoSJL2L4Rnns59a[/video]

clarkpm4242
    Free Member

Ed Rush & Optical, Torque!!!

🙂

SiofCannock
    Free Member

Fast Jungle Music compilation has been on permanently in my car since I bought it. And I checked out Perspective by Anile because of it, that’s great too.

doordonot
    Free Member

As it happens, I was having a d’n’b retro listening session yesterday, listening to LTJ Bukem stuff on spotify. I quite like lamb (in the context of this thread, the band). Not strictly d’n’b but quite drummy. As a DJ, I enjoy Marcus Intalex.

razorrazoo

Kosheen are also worth a listen. Like Lamb – not strictly D&B but should appeal to those that like their D&B less hard and fast.

Start with the first album – Resist.

ericemel
    Free Member

Surprised Jonny L has popped up yet.

mrmonkfinger
    Free Member

Quirrel, joker recordings, good call. Bizzy B churned out tons of good stuff.

flyingmonkeycorps

Alex Reece – Pulp Fiction. Proper stripped down.
    Photek – Ni Ten Ichi Ryu. Awesome. Just awesome.
    Optical – Cutsloe (Locust Remix). BASSLINE.

And so many more.

razorrazoo

Alex Reece – Pulp Fiction. Proper stripped down.

And guaranteed to show up rubbish speakers.

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

Goldie was on Radio 6 yesterday I think, on that pillock Gilles Peterson’s show, worth a listen!

Just spotted this comment – what’s wrong with GP FFS?

At least he knows his music, unlike the follow Craig Charles who reads all his ‘music history’ from text someone else has prepared – I am betting as he sometimes commits some shocking mispronunciations of stuff that is well known in his supposed area of expertise.

Mister-P
    Free Member

Photek’s production was always so clinically clean and sharp. I know what I’ll be listening to tonight 8)

Mister-P
    Free Member

[video]https://youtu.be/Gx27fYeLCCk[/video]

I’ve been listening to this repeatedly over the last few days. I like this sound (not sure about the “minimal” tag) as I’m getting a bit older.

Viewing 16 posts - 41 through 56 (of 56 total)

The topic ‘goldie timeless’ is closed to new replies.