Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Golden Fable
  • noteeth
    Free Member

So, last night on Radio6, they played a new Boards of Canada record (very good, btw) and then went straight into this: Crossfire by Golden Fable. Never heard of ’em before, but it actually stopped me doing the washing-up, such was the effect:

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZsVK_ieowmI[/video]

titusrider
    Free Member

Never heard of either but i like that…

banks
    Free Member

Like a crappy whiney version of the cocteau twins

noteeth
    Free Member

Like a crappy whiney version of the cocteau twins

heh heh, I’m a big (& long-time) Cocteaus fan – am I allowed to enjoy other stuff too? 😀

banks
    Free Member

heh heh, I’m a big (& long-time) Cocteaus fan – am I allowed to enjoy other stuff too?

ha, yes of course but as long as it’s good but that was terrible, kind of music you’d hear in topman. Not often i’ll turn music off and this is coming from the guy who’s listened to Space – Magic fly over 600 times

noteeth
    Free Member

kind of music you’d hear in topman

*runs to the nearest branch of Topman.

wordnumb
    Free Member

That’s quite impressively bland, they’ve clearly worked on being that uninteresting. But hey, I’ve never understood what people see in BoC, Warp being all about Autechre, RDJ, Battles and Plaid.

banks
    Free Member

*runs to the nearest branch of Topman.

Won’t be going anywhere fast in skinny jeans 😉

noteeth
    Free Member

Warp being all about Autechre, RDJ, Battles and Plaid.

The Black Dog remain one of my favourite acts of all time – I’ll never get tired of Bytes. That said, I’m not quite old enough (by a couple of years) to have been clubbing when Sheffield’s finest label started destroying bassbins – L… F…. O….

Golden Fable: ach, so maybe I was having a Radio 2 moment… but everybody is allowed to have a few per week. She seems like a nice girl, so good luck to ’em.

Won’t be going anywhere fast in skinny jeans

How very dare you – am unfashionably loose-jeaned & incapable of wearing anything else. 8)

wordnumb
    Free Member

PSA: Golden Fable are playing Dot to Dot festival in Bristol tomorrow. I was looking through the line up marveling at how few bands I recognised and one named seemed familiar.

noteeth
    Free Member

one named seemed familiar

Ha, yes, I saw that too. I do have a ticket, actually – maybe I’ll go check ’em out for the readers of SinglePitchforktrackworld.

noteeth
    Free Member

Blimey, Bristol was busy yesterday – what with Dot-to-Dot, the ravers in Castle Park, the graffiti crews on North Street and the senior Madchester line-up at the food festival. The weather was scorchio, matched by a tidal wave of beer.

Covering multiple genres & across myriad venues, Dot-to-Dot was always going to be a variable affair – sometimes it was like I was trapped in an advertising jingle demo nightmare, and sometimes I was properly slapped upside the head by hitherto unknown (to me) talent. Anyway, buoyed by curiosity and as a service to the dear STW readership, I felt compelled to check out Golden Fable (possibly inspired by the The Golden Bough, I dunno?). Besides, the Louisiana seemed as good a place as any to hang out for a while.

I can report that it was an excellent set – they easily filled the room, both literally (i.e. with punters) and musically (a trio, they were assured throughout). And the girl has got one hell of a voice… by any standard, it properly soared. That said, they didn’t play Crossfire, which was a pity. It would be easy to make lazy comparisons about the combination of diminutive female vocalist and synths, so I won’t. Suffice to say, for me, GF were definitely one of the highlights of the festival. And at no point did I feel like I was in a branch of Topman. 😉

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Golden Fable’ is closed to new replies.