Viewing 36 posts - 1 through 36 (of 36 total)
  • Golden Eye on the Wii -Wicked game!
  • coolhandluke
    Free Member

Worthy replacement of the classic N64 gem IMHO.

I got mine form HMV for £17

I can see Mario Kart taking a back seat for a while.

clubber
    Free Member

Good but completely different to the N64 one and not as good as Black Ops IMO. Fancy an online game though? (I’m a bit rubbish, mind)

allthepies
    Free Member

The advert on the tellybox for that made it look like a Sinclair Spectrum flashback game.

Hohum
    Free Member

I bought it for my son last week and it’s been fun playing it.

However, we completed the third mission today and now every time we try to go onto the fourth mission we get the dreaded disk read error, grrr!

Been online and it seems to be quite a common problem 🙁

I have cleaned the disk, taken the vacuum cleaner to all of the vents and put a CD cleaning disk in there and it is still will not let us go on to the 4th mission.

coolhandluke
    Free Member

It will take me year to get to the 4th mission to find out if mines’ goosed. 🙁

anonymouse
    Free Member

I think it’s great. Levelling up online is a bit of a drag though. It’s gonna take me years to unlock classic conflict.

anonymouse
    Free Member

Is black ops on wii any good then, clubber?

clubber
    Free Member

I’m certainly enjoying it. I particularly like the zombie game online.

Pieface

Is it an updated version or just a re-release of the N64 one?

clubber
    Free Member

It’s not really anything like the 64 one

anthonyb
    Free Member

Glad folks are enjoying Goldeneye. I spent the last two years creating in-game environments and weapons for it. We were happy how it turned out, as the N64 version was a hard act to follow.

clubber
    Free Member

Now that is interesting!

I was a bit disappointed that it’s not more like the N64 version initially but I am getting to enjoy it for it’s own game now though in the solo game, I’m being driven mad by the one level. For me, like the N64 version, it’s all about the multiplayer – I really can’t be bothered with the solo stuff TBH though I thought I should give it a go.

jonjones262
    Free Member

a’right Baldy!! (2 posts up)

I worked on it too!

Facial animation! :o)

clubber
    Free Member

**** me, I’m surrounded by geeks 😉

AlasdairMc

Just finished a quick online match, love it! The first FPS I’ve played online since Counterstrike many many years ago.

clubber
    Free Member

Might have to start a thread for wii friend codes for online… Problem with the wii online stuff is the lack of voice (I know you can do it but almost no one does) – at least if we did it here, we could agree some sort of strategy rather than the headless chicken mode that seems to be the default 🙂

al2000

Yo Jon, Baldy!

Sponging-Machine
    Free Member

It’s not really anything like the 64 one

The advert makes it look exactly the same.

Hohum
    Free Member

A big hello to the developers on here 🙂

I loved Goldeneye on the N64 (I am now 40) and my children who are 11 and 7 loved multi-player on the N64 until it went all B&W 🙁

Anyway, do you, or you fellow developers, have any idea why so many (and I am not talking about just STW) gamers are having problems?

My son and I are pretty peed off that we can’t get on to the 4th mission 🙁

Having done a trawl on google it looks like Goldeneye is causing the problem as my son’s wii is just over 1 years old and yet you read about these seasoned wii gamers who boxes are over 3 years old also freezing.

It is very frustrating chaps.

paulosoxo
    Free Member

Is it just me that gets really bad motion sickness from this type of game?

anthonyb
    Free Member

Hi Ho Hum,

im really sorry to hear that. I guess your talking about the fourth single player level? It sounds like a manufacturing problem on the discs themselves, (im guessing here) as its really not something i know much about, as the game (i.e the discs) are manufactured by the publisher(i.e Activision) overseas. The game itself is tested to death before leaving the development studio where i work. A testing team works to discover the smallest of bugs, something like not being able to progress to another level wouldnt be able to pass them.

It is strange as ive played the game start to finish a few times (even though my job doesnt really entail playing the game) and had no issues.
    I will ask about on monday though and see if anyones heard anything that could be of help!

evening MrJones and alex, blimey its a goldeneye reunion 🙂

Hohum
    Free Member

Thanks Anthony.

It would be interesting to hear if any of your colleagues have heard anything similar and what a potential fix could be.

MrNutt
    Free Member

the N64 version was great, I’m not convinced on the wii as a platform though, just seems a bit, well, crap compared to the 360.

clubber
    Free Member

Fundamentally, yes it is but does that also mean that all n64/etc games are no longer fun? There’s a big difference between games that are technically good eg graphics, detail, smoothness and games that ate actually good to play. On that basis the platform isn’t really critical IMO.

anonymouse
    Free Member

And on that basis Goldeneye works.

Hohum
    Free Member

Been in touch with Amazon and they are going to send another disk out, so let’s see if that fixes it.

The odd thing is though that we can’t go back and go through mission 3 as it just comes up with the same disk read error.

Amazon said that no-one else had experienced the same problem.

philconsequence
    Free Member

might have to purchase now, not a fan of shooting games but i have fond memories of watching friends play it on the N64 wishing i had a games console at home so i could get good enough to keep up.

Hohum
    Free Member

Well the replacement disk turned up from Amazon today. It works okay, hooray, and my son and I are now on mission 5 when you go in the tank and have to follow Ouromov.

philconsequence – Member
    might have to purchase now, not a fan of shooting games but i have fond memories of watching friends play it on the N64 wishing i had a games console at home so i could get good enough to keep up.

Go for it Phil!

It’s a Bond game after all and it is fun being Daniel Craig for a while 😉

anonymouse
    Free Member

Ah, the tank mission. Worst part of the game by a long way.

anthonyb
    Free Member

Ah thats good news HH!

Asked around at work and they had heard nothing back from the publishers. Some suggested it could be a bad batch of disc’s. The ‘master’ copy that was sent to manufacture checked out though. its a weird one. Glad you and your lad can play through again now 🙂

maxray
    Free Member

So.. GoldenEye or Black Ops for Wii?

snakebite
    Free Member

I want a first shooter for the Wii, the lads have Black ops on the PS3 upstairs and the Wii is in the ‘family room’ as its supposed to be something we all play on socially. Seems sort of ironic that a ‘social’ game involves killing every f’kr!

Alex-which one mate?

philconsequence
    Free Member

ordered and in the post already 😀 might have to make use of the wii’s internetness with this one now BT infinity is installed and producing a 39mb connection 😯

Hohum
    Free Member

maxray – Member

When I was searching for information on the disk read error I kept seeing lots of discussion about Black Ops being very hard on the actual Wii itself, something to do with the way the game actually plays and it almost constantly requiring the Wii to read from the disk which could shorten the lifespan and the drive itself 😕

Anyway, when my son comes home from school today we will be climbing back into the tank to chase Ouromov!

clubber
    Free Member

For me, Black Ops but that’s largely because of the Zombies online mode (Sorry to the Goldeneye developers above – it is a good game still!)

Ho hum – it is noticeable that the drive makes a lot of noise while playing black ops.

Hohum
    Free Member

Well my son and I have finished mission 5 so we are off to Africa 🙂

I could not fathom out how to complete mission 5, but my 7 year old tried twice and sorted it out!

clubber – from what I read that is the main problem with black ops, it reads from the disk too much which can lead to premature disk failure, which is a shame.

Viewing 36 posts - 1 through 36 (of 36 total)

The topic ‘Golden Eye on the Wii -Wicked game!’ is closed to new replies.