Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • going winlatter and seven staines this weekend will i die ?
  • mcdonagh2962
    Free Member

as above , never been there before so just how technical are they as i only ever do cannock chase

jekkyl

Cannock chase black?
    I ride the monkey about once a month (or try to) I was at whinlatter this weekend and was surprised how technical the trails were, especially the south loop. They bit over the summit back towards the road not ashamed to say I minced a couple of bits. If you do Cannock and don’t struggle you’ll be fine at whinlatter. Take loads of bits of metal as the parking charges are outrageous.

matt_outandabout

Whinlatter and Scotland in same weekend? You do know the lakes is rammed with quality riding, yes?

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    monkeysfeet
    Free Member

Whinlatter and Mabie are do-able in the same weekend. if you can ride cannock then you should have no issues.

jonnytheleyther
    Free Member

Whinlatter is beautiful. And no, you won’t die, you’ll love it.

bullroar
    Free Member

You’ll be fine. Top bit of the South at Whinlatter isn’t really like anything at Cannock. First go have a look get back to the fire road then ride back up and give it some beans. If it is a bit gloomy there are a couple of tricky bits in the Dark, Dark Wood on the North Loop. Good fun.

fizik
    Free Member

go back to the fire road from top of south loop to do the last climb again? errr why? whinlatter isn’t really technical by any stretch of the imagination. Go ride some decent lakes trails instead

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘going winlatter and seven staines this weekend will i die ?’ is closed to new replies.