Viewing 19 posts - 41 through 59 (of 59 total)
  • Going Touring this year?
  • mugsys_m8

Stef McDef:

We’ve toured along the N Brittany coastline from Roscoof to Aberwrach you could then continue onto Brest, or extned befroe Roscoff to do from St. Malo. We were only doing small days of no more than 40km as had the kids and weren’t really too well set up then. Also every day or so I would spend a morning retracing steps to leapfrog our car down the coast with us. Some really good bits, some flat cabbage patch bits. But it’s definitely worth doing.

irc

Off to the USA tomorrow! San Diego to Florida then back to home in mid May with 8 weeks touring under my belt and what we laughingly call a summer in Scotland still to come.

mcmoonter
    Free Member

Off to the USA tomorrow

Iain, post up your blog link, I’m looking forward to your trip vicariously.

Singlespeed_Shep
    Free Member

yes,

hoping to do a lap of the yorkshire moors on the tandem with the wife. amongst other things,

ton

irc, keep us imformed with nice photo’s. 😀

charliedontsurf

Certainly going back to northern France for a while… It’s so close to the south coast of England and far more French….

Lunch stop last October….

oldgit
    Free Member

Not exactly, but getting ready for an SR next year, been putting it off for too long. Got a Brooks, a Caradice and a dynohub wheel on it’s way; sorted 🙂

JohnClimber
    Free Member

Wait for northernly wind and warm dry spell.

Drive to uig on Skye, leave car.

Ferry to North Uist

Fat bike on tarmac blast down to the southern tip of South Uist in one go.

Beach ride all the way North and East back the the ferry over couple of days chilling all the way.

Anyone know if there is a good Orange phone signal on the Island?

midlifecrashes

In the next couple of weeks if the weather breaks I’ll do either Way of the Roses or Hadrian’s wall. Then in summer I’d like a crack at LEJOG traffic free/off road or something foreign, maybe Camino de Santiago or a chunk of something French.

ton

oldgit……a SR is no mean feat pal.
    set off with all the gusto about 5 yrs ago to do it. managed to get up to 300km, but then decided i never wanted to try to ride over 200 miles in a day ever.
    good luck with it mate.

professor_fate
    Free Member

A week in the golden triangle for me. Heading to Chiang Mai in April for a spot of credit card touring. Can’t wait!

…did that a few years ago for a week on a rented xr250 from Chiang Mai, then did the Mae Hong Son loop and many of the track it encircles – awesome fun!
    Touring-wise looking to do a week Hut-to-Hut based from Garmisch, mid-summer’ish.

boblo
    Free Member

What’s an SR?

oldgit
    Free Member

SR = Super Randonneur. It’s a Audax award for riding (IIRC) a 200km, 300km, 400km and 600km audax in one calendar year.

boblo
    Free Member

****! 600 clicks in one sitting 😯

I can see (and have done) 2, 3 and 4 but 6. Yikes. Good luck. You know, there’ll be 600km sportive before long (strictly no racing dontchaknow), just wait and see. 🙂

oldgit
    Free Member

I feel sleepy thinking about the 600km. I think you’re expected to have a nap or two.

boblo
    Free Member

So you’re growing out of all this racey stuff and going for distance instead?

oldgit
    Free Member

So you’re growing out of all this racey stuff and going for distance instead?

No, want to to do both. I’m 53 and race with the 40year old vets. Next year will be my last in that range and bloody tough, so I’m going to have a bit of fun. Then go for it again when I’m 55 and in the next age band.

Just entered a audax on the 7th of April, and was promptly reminded that I’m over the Channel watching the Paris Roubaix; age!

irc

@McMoonter

post up your blog link,

Peter

My crazyguyonabike blog is at

http://www.crazyguyonabike.com/doc/fatman3

mcmoonter
    Free Member

Irc, I’ve been following your preparations, have a great trip.

Viewing 19 posts - 41 through 59 (of 59 total)

The topic ‘Going Touring this year?’ is closed to new replies.