Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Going to watch the Touring Cars – worth it and how's it work?
  • munrobiker
    Free Member

I’ve had an offer of some especially cheap (not that they’re expensive in the first place) tickets to see the touring car qualifying at Rockingham in September. We can’t go to the main race on Sunday but I’m pondering going anyway because the website mentions all this going on on the Saturday-

09.00 – 09.15 Free Practice KICK Start Energy Ginetta Junior Championship
    09.25 – 10.05 Free Practice Dunlop MSA British Touring Car Championship
    10.20 – 10.40 Qualifying MSA Formula Championship
    10.50 – 11.20 Qualifying Renault UK Clio Cup
    11.30 – 12.00 Qualifying HSCC Super Touring Car Championship
    12.10 – 12.30 Qualifying Michelin Ginetta GT4 SuperCup
    12.40 – 13.20 Free Practice Dunlop MSA British Touring Car Championship
    13.20 – 14.00 Lunch Break
    14.00 – 14.15 Qualifying KICK Start Energy Ginetta Junior Championship
    14.25 Race MSA Formula Championship
    15.00 Race Renault UK Clio Cup
    15.40 – 16.10 Qualifying Dunlop MSA British Touring Car Championship
    16.20 Race HSCC Super Touring Car Championship
    16.55 Race KICK Start Energy Ginetta Junior Championship

That sounds like a good day of entertainment for small change, it’d be about £15 for the both of us, but is it a case of you pay for the BTCC qualifying and that’s all you get or do you get to see the lot? I’ve had conflicting information from the organisers of the event it’d be a part of.

If it is all that is it good fun, are the quali’s worth watching and does the other stuff look worthwhile too?

Thanks

legend
    Free Member

It’ll be a day entry ticket, same as the Sunday. So turn up in the morning and enjoy the day. Never been along on a Saturday, but half the time the support races are more entertaining than the BTCC anyway!

simon_g

Ticket normally covers all day. It’s a good day out, plenty to see and you get very entertaining racing in the Clio Cup and Ginettas. MSA Formula is all young guns in single seaters desperate to make an impression, HSCC is all pre-66 stuff so old Cortinas and the like sliding about.

munrobiker
    Free Member

HSCC is all pre-66 stuff so old Cortinas and the like sliding about

This bit in particular is very relevant to my interests. Day ticket sounds promising.

simon_g

Sorry, had wires crossed with their Historic Touring Cars – it’s HSCC Super Touring so the 90s heyday stuff – Alfa 155s, Vectras, Mondeos, Primeras, etc. http://www.supertcc.com/

munrobiker
    Free Member

Oh my god. That’s all my childhood racing dreams, we’re going, thanks!

atlaz
    Free Member

TBH I’d not go if I had an option for the Sunday (which you don’t). Qualifying can be underwhelming as it’s just a series of cars going past and there’s no real sense of drama usually but there’s a few races and for a few quid each you can’t go wrong as if you’re bored stiff, walking out is fine

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Going to watch the Touring Cars – worth it and how's it work?’ is closed to new replies.