Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Going to the cycle show tomorrow, Trade stands?
  • dandax1990
    Free Member

Hi guys, Off to the cycle show tomorrow in Birmingham. Was wondering if there will be any and if so, which, trade stands. I’m looking at getting a new helmet due to my Giro Hex cracking in 8 places during a collarbone breaking crash (oops) and maybe a waterproof jacket.

So will I be able to get one there tomorrow? Cheers.

06awjudd
    Free Member

Dare to be had BOGOF on everything!

Most of the stands’ merchandise was on show, and wasn’t for sale, although, to be fair I didn’t enquire.

Getting hold of clothing should be okay, you might be lucky with a new helmet though – much cheaper online any way.

dandax1990
    Free Member

I was thinking they might have some retailers there selling stuff dirt cheap but if not then I’ll have to get online. Be a good chance to try some helmets on if possible.

06awjudd
    Free Member

I’m sure you will be able to try them on.
    There were loads of helmets at places like the Trek and Specialized stalls.
    Lazer were also there I think.

corsair
    Free Member

Yes you’ll likely be able to try something on to see what fits and what you like, but most stands I looked at weren’t actually selling on the spot. Some that were would only take cash as they didn’t have a working credit card machine, so maybe worth being prepared (bearing in mind the cash machines at the NEC charge an arm and a leg).

Plenty of free samples of energy bars/drinks/gels though!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Going to the cycle show tomorrow, Trade stands?’ is closed to new replies.