Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Going to Reeth in the Dales on Saturday, route help needed
  • mashiehood
    Free Member

Evening all,

Off to Reeth on Sat for a friends stag – need a gpx for an all day route. If anyone has a good route, in GPX/TCX format, I would be grateful if you could email it to me on mashashrafATbtinternetDOTcom. I will donate 5 pounds to the STW fund or to a charity of your choice.

Thanks

stevemakin

email Stu at Dales Mtb centre, he’ll be able to help, and also sell you great cake and coffee 🙂

belugabob
    Free Member

+1 for Stu.

Buy some cake and coffee (or something from the shop to ease your conscience over the excellent service that he gives.)

Waves… 8)

miketually
    Free Member

I don’t have GPS files, but you have to ride over Great Pinseat and down Fremington Edge.

chris_db
    Free Member

+1 for the Dales Bike Centre

belugabob
    Free Member

I don’t have GPS files, but you have to ride over Great Pinseat and down Fremington Edge.

I beg to differ – ride up Fremington edge (preferably just after a beer and a pie in the pub just down from the bike centre) – you get a whole 400 yard warm-up before the road head skywards 😉

Great Pinseat is a must – the descent back through the valley with the abandoned mine building is a real blast (and almost ample reward for the climb to the top)

Fantastic memories of our (too) short weekend with Stu & the gang in 2011

legolam
    Free Member

http://www.mtbtrails.info/Trail_Venue.aspx?VenueNumber=125
    Nice loop from Reeth taking in Fremington Edge and some fun singletrack.

godzilla
    Free Member

I beg to differ – ride up Fremington edge (preferably just after a beer and a pie in the pub just down from the bike centre) – you get a whole 400 yard warm-up before the road head skywards

^ + 1

wolly
    Free Member

I beg to differ – ride up Fremington edge (preferably just after a beer and a pie in the pub just down from the bike centre) – you get a whole 400 yard warm-up before the road head skywards

^ + 2

miketually
    Free Member

By down, I meant the descent through the old quarry to Storthwaite Hall.

DeeJay
    Free Member

Hopefully I will be riding there on Wednesday – will see how the snow melt is progressing – that might be the limiting factor at the moment.

clarkpm4242
    Free Member

Combine the west-bound leg of this…

…with the east-bound leg of the Crackpot loop.

Start and finish at Dales MTB Centre.

A great route 🙂 Edit: as DJ notes, snow maybe an issue, check with Stu…

mt
    Free Member

Just go into the DBC ask Stu or Dave for a route an where is best at the moment. You’d be daft not too.

belugabob
    Free Member

By down, I meant the descent through the old quarry to Storthwaite Hall.

Good point – what goes up, must come down – but I was considering Fremington Edge to be the bit that’s at the back of Fremington.

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

which way round is Great Pinceat best done???

markreed
    Free Member

Up from Fore Gill Gate (near the ford) and back down the other side to Level House Bridge. Then either over Old Gang into Gunnerside or back down Mill Gill to Surrender Bridge, round Calver Hill and down Angry Man to Thirnswood Hall. Be warned ‘tho, there’s still several feet of snow on the tops up here. You can just about ride over the top of the gate at the top of the Storthwaite Hall descent at the moment. Some of it may have gone by the weekend but check with Stu when you get here.

markreed
    Free Member

Or as I’ll be out on Thursday and Friday I’ll update on this thread if anyones interested.

Drac

Yup can’t go to Reeth without visiting Stu’s place.

DeeJay
    Free Member

Had a ride from Fremington this morning so as promised here is the trail report. The snow is covering great chunks of track – any trail at height will have lots of sections that will be a walk. The top of Harkerside is a prime example. Snow has cleared from the moor leaving the track knee deep. The gate at Foregillgate has 4 foot of snow behind it!
    I met Godzilla – he had been up Fremington Edge and he reckons it’s worse up there with snow the height of the walls. The lower level stuff is fine though with just the odd drift to negotiate.
    Definitely recommend poping in to the the Bike Centre for a doable route

godzilla
    Free Member

The drifts are still over the wall, i tried to ride on the heather but but it was a massive chore.

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘Going to Reeth in the Dales on Saturday, route help needed’ is closed to new replies.