Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • going to Norfolk, which bike?
  • 1-shed
    Free Member

Sensible answer my macho man disc, fun bike Krampus. Staying near Holt. What should I take and where is good to ride? Thanks 1 shed.

santacruzsi
    Free Member

I’m in blakeney now! I brought my road bike, lots of quiet roads about. Relatively flat. Didn’t bother thinking about the MTB.

leeroybrown
    Free Member

Yes road bike, I asked the question last year
    I downloaded some routes off the fatbirds strava group

BigM
    Free Member

Plenty of MTBing up by Holt.

1-shed
    Free Member

Where do you suggest BigM?

seavers
    Free Member

I took a mtb down on a trip to visit the perentals. Did Thetford which wasn’t great but OK. Parking is a fortune. Its so flat I won’t bother with a mtb again.

You might get more out of it on the roads/paths on your Macho. Can’t help with routes though I’m afraid.

windyg
    Free Member

Best places for MTB’s in Norfolk would be Shouldham Warren a little tricky to find but some great single track and the other place is Sheringham but again it’s not easy to find the best bits but there are some nice single track sections with the odd small jump or two.
    Thetford is ok for flat out XC riding but don’t park at High Lodge park in Brandon Country Park and ride over to HL it’s much cheaper that way.
    Road wise just ride along the coastal roads all nice and a good selection of cake stops around Cromer/Sheringham/Holt

MoreCashThanDash

Pop into Fat Birds, whatever bike you take

santacruzsi
    Free Member

Weather is pretty good here too at the moment, good to sit and watch the fast jets whizzing about!

Kunstler

And I’m on Wells this week. I brought the road bike and did a 200km ride around the county yesterday. The roads are superb – very smooth and fast on the main roads, less so on the back roads but still good.
    There was a thread on here a couple of months back when someone was asking about Peddars Way and the North Norfolk Coast Path. I’m quite familiar with the latter and posted up some suggestions. The Krampus would be a good bike for the coast path. From Blakeney to Burnham Overy along the edge of the marshes and through the pinewoods would be good (muddy in place where the recent marsh tides have flooded the path). Then there’s Salthouse or Kelling to Sheringham by beach and clifftop.
    I’d love to have a fatbike for when I visit here. There’s a lot of sand and saltmarsh to explore.

windyg
    Free Member

Kelling to Sheringham clifftop can be a great flat out blast when it’s quiet.

switchbacktrog
    Free Member

MTB……………….

Sheringham loop

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘going to Norfolk, which bike?’ is closed to new replies.