Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Going to Glentress tomorrow (Sunday 27th)?
  • druidh
    Free Member

Just thought you might like to know that the A703 is going to be closed all day between Eddleston and Peebles. (Saw the signs today)

I guess there might be a signed detour over the Meldons but it’s a wee twisty road so take care and be prepared for some delays.

jeffcapeshop
    Free Member

oh – thanks!

iainc

thanks for that. Was dithering between Gt and Drumlanig so i know where i will be going now !

hels
    Free Member

Local chat is that they will close the Meldons road except for residents, it’s singletrack so will gridlock fast if all the A703 traffic goes along it.

Go along the Moffat road at Leadburn and via Romano Bridge and through Peebles via the Glasgow road, will still be busy I would think.

cynic-al
    Free Member

OLD.

hels did this thread Thursday. BTW I didn’t make it down yesterday so there may be some flapjacks left.

iainc you are aware it’s the Hub’s last day?

iainc

al – yes, I realised that, but not sure it will have a huge impact on traffic on the trails ?

much as I have enjoyed the Hub over the years I quite like the new Cafe too 🙂

cynic-al
    Free Member

My point was “last chance” – I am tempted myself, tho I’d have to ride down.

The new cafe may be nice but it’ll never beat the jailbait character of the hub.

bigthunder
    Free Member

Bollox – doing an uplift day at Inners tomorrow and that will be a pain. Anyone know what time the roads closing? Im heading that way 8am ish.

hels
    Free Member

0900 – 1600 so the signs say.

And the flapjack I got today was MAHOOSIVE. I had to eat it in two shifts.

I did an old skool lap of the red, was empty until spooky woods, then got v busy, that was about 10.30. Cafe was PACKED at 11.30.

bigthunder
    Free Member

Thank you hels! Say hello to Marc for me plz!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Going to Glentress tomorrow (Sunday 27th)?’ is closed to new replies.