Viewing 6 posts - 41 through 46 (of 46 total)
  • Going to Glentress for the 1st time… Which bike to take?
  • stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

I once met some guys that stayed there. They had come all the way from Suffolk. They couldn’t wait to do Spooky Wood, unfortunately it was under a foot of snow. I sat in my van for ten minutes as I couldn’t see the shop due to the blizzard even though it was only ten yards away. Have a great time and don’t forget to do some of the blue, sadly missed by a lot.

nickf
    Free Member

I’ve done it on a 456, a Blur, 5 Spot, Spec Enduro…just took what I had at the time. It’s fun on everything, though I’d probably say the Enduro was the least good at it was the worst climber.

Glentress isn’t particularly rocky, technical or steep – the scenery and variety are fun, which is why I like the place – and I’d be perfectly happy to ride it on a singlespeed. I just don’t have one.

I’d also echo that the Blue is great – lots of people ignore it, but it’s as much fun as any of the rest.

RestlessNative
    Free Member

I’m not very fit but I have done all the red without dropping off my 36t ring (26lb hardtail), bit tough in a couple of places

Agree the blue is excellent fun, fast and flows nicely.

If you have lights then the red at night is fun, did that last week.

If it was me I would go ride Gypsy Glen on the Sunday instead of Glentress again and see some scenery

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    mboy
    Free Member

So here’s another one… Having decided which bike, now what tyres for Glentress?

😉

IGMC

epicsteve
    Free Member

GT is quite grippy so pretty much any tyres are fine. If pushed I’d go with my standard answer these days – Eskars.

sharki
    Free Member

crap ones like mine.

That way on the very last bit of dirt right outside the hub, you can lose the front end and pivot against a post spinning and rolling you all over the place in sight of the punters…. 😳 😆

*picks scabs*

Viewing 6 posts - 41 through 46 (of 46 total)

The topic ‘Going to Glentress for the 1st time… Which bike to take?’ is closed to new replies.