Viewing 23 posts - 41 through 63 (of 63 total)
  • Going to be a DAD! omfg
  • prezet
    Free Member

Congrats.

To be honest, having a little ‘un hasn’t changed much for us… she’s now just over 3 months, and happily sleeps in her own room, out like a light at about 9pm and normally lyes there fast asleep till about 6am.

The first few weeks were kinda tough, but even then the most she’d wake in the night was 3 times, have a quick feed and then be asleep again.

My missus is great, she’s fine with me going riding on the weekend, as long as I get to spend a bit of quality time with Isla, which we do every Sunday morning by taking the dog out for a long walk on the beach.

geoffj

Well done
    Get some sleep!

Janesy
    Free Member

Thanks for all positive replys. Making me super excited!!!

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    theflatboy
    Free Member

senor j – Member

congratulations Janesy.
    Senorita J and I are due in 11 weeks

i’ll race you then – ours is due 03 August, how about you?!

woffle
    Free Member

Congrats.

My youngest has had the ants for her ant farm delivered today. She has named them all “Dave”.

Being a Dad is officially the best thing ever. I’ve two girls and whilst I’m still deeply in love with my wife and all, I can safely say I had no idea what true, unadulterated and uncoonditional love was until my eldest made her appearance 7 odd years ago.

Not saying it’s easy. Make the most of sleep whilst you can.

binners

Just to echo woffle’s post, and add that whether you like it or not, it makes you a right soppy sod!!! 😀

woffle
    Free Member

Just to echo woffle’s post, and add that whether you like it or not, it makes you a right soppy sod!!!

What makes you say that? 🙂

transapp
    Free Member

Congrats, it really is an incredible thing that until you’ve experienced, you’ll never know how great it is.
    Bike wise, got to say, it really didn’t stop me. Mines 18m, but I choose to forget TV, chilling with a mag etc and go out in the evenings when she’s tucked up. We were lucky in that she slept really well, but at the start when she was waking at 5:30, at the weekends I’d get up, sort her, get all my jut ready (and be in bike kit) and as soon as I heard Mrs Transapp waking up I’d take tea up, deliver fed baby for morning cuddles an push off for two hrs hard riding. I’d be back by 9:30, mrs t would think I was ace, I got a ride in and to spend almost all day with family. Find methods that work for you, baby and other half and it can work fine.

Gary_C

I thought this was STW, not Mumsnet FFS! 😉

bullheart
    Free Member

It is a love beyond measure.

My daughter makes me feel complete; smiles, giggles, wide-eyed wonder at the funniest things, the first moment she reached for me to protect and comfort her when she was sad.

It will be fantastic. I’m delighted for you.

You’ll ride your bike less, but it’ll make sense.

EDIT: My wife just asked why I was crying. I told her my dinner was shit. Keep it quiet, yeah?

joemarshall
    Free Member

Rose is two tomorrow. This week I’ve ridden 100 miles on commutes and doing work trips to buy stuff, 30 miles with the bike trailer, and managed 2 swim sessions, one late night sunday, and one early morning before work.

I can really recommend the bike trailer – it’s a fun thrng to do together, and jolly good exercise too particularly here in Derbyshire. Rose loves it, and also naps well in it, which is jolly useful. we can easily do 40 miles in a (summer) day, and have also been bike camping using it. It’s also good for the weekly shop too (massive boot), which is fun.

I pretty much always ride from the door, and mostly commutes or night rides, but I find the main limiting factor for distance is my energy which means I work from home some days to avoid the commute, rather than time.

Frankenstein
    Free Member

Hope it all goes well OP.

user-removed
    Free Member

Congrats to you and the wife – ours isn’t due until November (fireworks night!). We were just about to embark on the whole IVF thing too – apparently that’s quite common. Good luck!

theflatboy
    Free Member

bullheart – Member
    My wife just asked why I was crying. I told her my dinner was shit

that sounds like a much better reason 😆

senorj

@flatboy – 08 August !! you’re on! best of luck to you too!

@bullheart – lovely.

😀

willard

congrats and good on you both!

Wife and I have been trying for several years and still no joy, but hopeful this time. Really happy for you both!

Janesy
    Free Member

Best of luck Willard!!
    I’m sure everything will be fine. I’m crossing fingers.

yunki
    Free Member

fantastic news.. it’s going to be amazing..
    but be aware that Muke speaks the truth.. I had racing aspirations a couple of years ago too..

this is my current race bike..
    That’s about 4 extra stones with both lads on.. nearing 5 extra with all their kit.. plus the extra 3 that I’m carrying round my belly.. you need to eat a LOT more to maintain enough energy to deal with the sleeplessness.. so I’m twice the man I was in every way..

awesome.. 😀

Hohum
    Free Member

Janesy – Member

Just wanted to say – We’ve been trying for 5 years (I’m 30) gone through IVF Icsi and this was our 3rd go! WOW it worked Wife is 11 weeks and seen 3 scans all showing it’s healthy.

Obviously my priority’s change somewhat. But a question (bike related)….

Do you find time to exercise and ride?

Lots of congratulations on the news.

Will your (and your wife’s) life change? Aye!

It’s very hard work in the beginning, let’s say first year, unless you are one of the lucky ones with a bairn who sleeps through and you have lots of babysitters around you, who will give you lots of time off when you want 😉

As for the post-birth situation? Well, your routine changes and you will be fine and you (and your wife) change for the better 🙂

totalshell

best days of your life start here right now. sack the bicycling thing for 6 months once juniors arrived then ride when you can dont make plans just do it dont be gone for more than an hour.
    enjoy enjoy enjoy.. i wish we had had two dozen.
    oh and boy / gurl it doesnt matter one jot i wanted a boy but happy and healthy was paramount and i have two happy and healthy gurls could nt have been better so no scans to discover sex PLEASE

dans160
    Free Member

Kids are great. I am playing the Yes & No game as I type this and thrashing my five year old! The three month old is about to scream/be sick/wet or sh!t herself, she is still making up her mind. After I have cleaned my car (the first time in 3months) I will be making a rocket, maybe. I am now holding the three month old and typing this at the same time. The point being, be flexible and be prepared and your riding won’t suffer. Enjoy and congrats!!!

rogerthecat
    Free Member

Test 15 – the teenage years (male child variant)

1. Stay indoors on a Saturday clearing away a myriad of things you have already spread around the house the night before, repeatedly wash a load of clothes 20 times – do not go our for a ride/run/walk!
    2. Jump in the car at a moment’s notice and drive back and forth between random houses within a 10 mile radius.
    3. Open you wallet and tip the contents into the shredder – repeat daily.
    4. Tie some sports kit to the back of your bike and drag it across the moors, put it in a sports bag and allow to stand in a corner for 2 weeks.
    5. Jump in the car and drive back and forth between random houses within a 10 mile radius.
    6. Go to the supermarket and buy sufficient food for the week, when you arrive home throw a random 1/3 into the bin and then try and recreate the meals you had planned with 75% of the ingredients
    7.Go to your local tip and fill your car with all shapes and sizes of toys, bikes, skateboards, etc – then put them all into your garage making reaching the back wall a challenge for Bear Grills.
    8. Jump in the car and drive back and forth between random houses within a 10 mile radius.
    9. Fit all of your door with super strong return springs so they make a satisfying bang when they close.
    10. Replace the Glade Air Freshener with Lynx deoderant.
    11. Retake all of your GCSE/GCE/A-Levels without looking at a text book for a minimum of 20 years.
    12. Jump in the car and drive back and forth between random houses within a 10 mile radius.
    13. Sit in an empty house looking at photo albums and think that the past 15 years was the most fun you ever had, and it’s getting betterer.
    😀

daftvader
    Free Member

8) congrats to you and your mrs…. Everything everyone has said is true…. not alot else to add really cept that after the first 6 months it becoms slightly easier (mini vader is 4 this year). The other thing to warn you about is grandparents. They go BONKERS. Totally loose the plot and start buying up the contents of toys r us!. Your front room will be full of brightly coloured plastic for the forseeable future and man is it painfull when you stand on it in the dark! Good luck and enjoy, it truly is the best thing in the world. 8)

Viewing 23 posts - 41 through 63 (of 63 total)

The topic ‘Going to be a DAD! omfg’ is closed to new replies.