Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Going to 1×10 on a triple chainset?
  • _daveR
    Free Member

Just curious to know where I would run the chainring on my Gyro if I went 1×10. Assume it’s the middle or outer? Would I need to adjust the spacing on the crank arms?

I’m thinking about a 32 front with the oneup42/16 cogs.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Middle normally, I swapped a spacer over on the BB to tweak the chain line but you can see immediately if you need to do that.

theotherjonv

Middle. Might need narrow chainring bolts to compensate for only having one ring

cliffyc
    Free Member

I’m running single chainring,mounted outer (looks better to me),used short chainring bolts with original double chainring nuts,added a washer under the nuts as they are longer.The front mech is used currently as a guide,it’s locked with a wedge inside the spring to hold it in position, With a new chain it has been great,no shipping off,so front mech will be taken off.With a 34t x 36t low gear all seems good so far.It will be an easy swap back if needed.

pembo6
    Free Member

As per mikewsmith. I run mine on the middle ring and shifted the BB spacer to the other side just to tweak the chain line.
    I used the original bolts coz I’m running an outer bash.

matther01
    Free Member

Running mine on the middle and was able to use the same XT bolts on the Works Components ring.

Also able to use the SLX bolts (double) on my other set up with a RF.

One thing I have noticed with a rear 42 is some chainslap even with a clutch. If you can get away with a 40t rear it’s much quieter.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Going to 1×10 on a triple chainset?’ is closed to new replies.