Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Going through sad times…. titanium frame repairer – any suggestions?
  • snowpaul
    Free Member

Ok,

My lovely ti frame has developed a hairline crack 90 deg across a weld on the seat / top tube interface which has propagated 0.3/0.5mm either side into the tube – its been there a while I think as I had convinced myself it was just a deep scratch and as its withheld riding lakes / snowdon / ingleborough / and a lot of mid welsh trails I wasnt too bothered…

However its def a crack as it gathers dirt and now ‘stands out’ – I had hoped it was a scratch but gentle sanding has revealed its def a wee hairline crack.

Anyone suggest a decent repairer in the uk? Enigma / vernon baker come up on google… Anyone had a repair done – cost etc? I have emailed the manufacturer and am waiting to see what price they quote me.

Gutted really but hey hbo its hard a tough life with many miles

cheers

paul
    Its out of warranty and was 2nd hand in the first place

clubber
    Free Member
    globalti
    Free Member

Just sit down with your Yellow Pages and ring around local welders until you find one who can do titanium. I took my Global along to a welder in Littleborough near Rochdale and the bloke tidied up the chain gouges on my RH chainstay for a tenner during his lunch break. What have you got to lose?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Going through sad times…. titanium frame repairer – any suggestions?’ is closed to new replies.