• This topic has 47 replies, 34 voices, and was last updated 10 years ago by Spin.
Viewing 8 posts - 41 through 48 (of 48 total)
  • Going skiing this winter? What's your "all in" cost?
  • lucien

Half board, La Thuille, with Crystal Ski (taking our own ski’s and boots, but paying extra for carriage) – £1800.

nedrapier

bajsyckel:

definitely worth checking out. prices up a touch from last year, as I’ve just found out.

bajsyckel

Cheers nedrapier, that does indeed look good. Have a great time up there when you go – I’ll be more than a little jealous.

moniex
    Free Member

£1700 all in incl spending money for a family of 4 self catering. Last year half term in haute nendaz. We have our own equipment and drive.

singletrackstinker
    Free Member

Val D’isere – £739 for flights, accomodation (half board) and ski pass.

Extra £40 for my board and boots.

Probably another £300 or so on food and booze, depending on how much we drink when we’re out.

So i think about £1100 all in is about the going rate.

Someone else in the office is has booked everything separately and hasn’t saved any money.

If you can drive taking a load of food with you, or stopping at a carrefour type place before you go up the hill you’d be able to do it for less, i think.

Re increased prices: All the companies I spoke to this year were very flexible on the cost of accomodation, the increase in cost (they claimed) was due to the resorts not offering 241 on ski passes at the time most people were booking. If you’re booking catered, have a chat with a travel agent and tell them the most you’re willing to pay and where you want to go, they can normally sort it out.

bazzer
    Free Member

singletrackstinker

When are you off to Val ? Where are you staying.

I go there quite a lot. First trip on the 29th of November !!

nedrapier

bajsyckel, you’ve got to love a place where you can do this at 9:30 pm

and this at 2:30am

MML is just up the slope to the left.

Spin
    Free Member

Massive #FirstWorldProblems thread BTW.

If we got rid of all the threads in that category it would be pretty quiet in here!

Viewing 8 posts - 41 through 48 (of 48 total)

The topic ‘Going skiing this winter? What's your "all in" cost?’ is closed to new replies.