• This topic has 4 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by m360.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Going hydraulic (XT brakes) – hose guides and tidy job?
  • m360
    Free Member

Hi all,

Ordered some XT hydraulic brakes. Found out they are i-spec-b? from what I have read thats ok with my current bar mounted shifters?

I sort of jumped in when I ordered these, and am now realising I don’t have hydraulic hose guides on my frame. Apart from tape and cable ties, I seem to be struggling to find “tidy” alternatives with my googling.

Are these what I need: Brake Hose Guide? Do they bolt through the cable guide?

Also think I’ll need something for the rear stays, maybe in the old v-brake hole. My cable is currently tie wrapped to the frame and I’d like to avoid that with hydraulics. The frame is disc compatible at least, just not for cable or hydraulic!

Thanks

benpinnick

iSpec b will be fine. Yes they are cable > hydraulics convertors though Ive seen neater. THB I would use thin zipties and washers and live with it.

m360
    Free Member

Thanks.

Just ordered these: Hose Cable Adaptors

Now think I need something for the rear seat stay and I’m sorted – well, after waiting for royal mail to deliver lots of boxes of new bits 8)

teasel
    Free Member

THB

Very Yoda…

m360
    Free Member

Got everything ordered I think, just need a p-clip or hose guide for the rear seat stay.

That’ll be until I find the hoses need shortening, I need different mount adapters, etc!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Going hydraulic (XT brakes) – hose guides and tidy job?’ is closed to new replies.