Viewing 10 posts - 81 through 90 (of 90 total)
  • Going back to your roots……….after wasting ton's of money?
  • wl
    Free Member

Can’t say I know how you feel. I have more fun now on reasonably up-to-date bikes than I ever have. There’s no need to buy a bike every year looking for some holy grail – just pick a decent all-rounder and get on with it. Unless endless wishing, shopping and tinkering make you happy. Personally, I’d never want to revert to rigid, cantilevers and all that, and I’m not bothered about the latest fad, novelty or attention magnet either. Just do whatever you enjoy. Simple. Hope you get back into it.

GW
    Free Member

Ton – Are you reletively new to mountainbiking? from what I’ve seen of you on here you’ve really not had all that many bikes. mamadirt seems to have a far better attitude on how it works.

ton

GW…………are you sniffing glue?

GW
    Free Member

sniffing yes, glue no. 😐

genuine question tho? how long have you been mtbing? and how many bikes have you had in that time?

ton

GW, longer and more than you………… 😀

GW
    Free Member

I’d seriously doubt either

Hairychested
    Free Member

Coasting
    Free Member

Ton dont know u but always been a fan of your blunt openess and it saddens me to see a guy like u on the down.Bikes and biking is a passion that some of us have enbraced and found very rewarding for the great rides but also the pleasure of trying different bikes out and having a good play with new kit.I take it youve had a few health issues lately that i hope can be overcome.Ive always treated biking and exercise as a good investment in my physical and mental health that hopefully will see me thru to a ripe old age.Whether your a good or bad rider is kind of missing the point.I guess if your into seeing who has the biggest willy then egos can play a part but reaaly thats probably missing the point.Get well and get your mojo back

molgrips
    Free Member

Raleigh Domino (broke in half)
    Raleigh Speedway (outgrew)
    24″ wheel racer (outgrew)
    Emelle racer (did many miles on then sold)
    Kona Fire Mountain 1992 (sold)
    Orange P7 1994 (bought with student loan, finally nicked in 2007 🙁 )
    Pace RC300 (bought with redundancy payoff, nicked 2007)
    Gary Fisher Cake (nicked 2007)
    Orange Patriot (with Marz 66/Fox DHX…mm.. nicked 2007)
    Scott low end road bike (nicked 2007)
    Kona Heihei
    Orange 5
    Orange Patriot (AM kit this time)
    Kona Dew
    Kona Zing

lazybike
    Free Member

Ton, now you know its not about the bike, you can just ride and have fun.

Viewing 10 posts - 81 through 90 (of 90 total)

The topic ‘Going back to your roots……….after wasting ton's of money?’ is closed to new replies.