Viewing 33 posts - 1 through 33 (of 33 total)
  • Going anywhere nice?
  • bubs

What have you got planned for this year’s holiday then?

scaredypants

shut it and do me a number 3 all over

CountZero

Dunno, probably camping in South Devon as usual, but I might go down to Cornwall to visit friends, maybe camping in their field to avoid imposing myself on their hospitality for too long, and giving me a chance to explore some of the county, which I’ve never been to before.

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Fort Willy in 3 weeks for the SSDT, a Norwegian fjiord cruise for my 60th in August then a week in Croatia in September, followed by part time at poxy work.
    Got 2 weeks off in June but nowt planned.

john_drummer
    Free Member

Long weekend in Toronto & Niagara Falls in June I think. NYC in Novemberish

Drac

Got some more leave authorised yesterday so I can make an unexpected trip back to the West Coast of Scotland with my kids, my mother, brother and his kids.

Tracey

Going to be a busy year for use shuttling Abigale round the races and fitting in some riding whilst there. All the PMBA Enduros, the three Tweedlove Enduros, Steel City DH, four rounds of the EWS and a couple more races.
    Will be doing two weeks with Bike Verbier but combining the trip with La Thuile and Les Orres Enduros. Camper van will be well used by the end of the year as will the Tesco vouchers.

sadexpunk

big family holiday in a villa in granada end of august, and me and missus might sneak a cheeky week in zante in june if funds allow…..

sharkbait
    Free Member

Wales for a few weeks finished off with a week sailing in Croatia (again).

ChrisL

Down south to go to the RIAT air show in July, spending most of the following week riding in the SW and in Wales. Then a week at Bike Village at the end of August. 🙂

mattbee

Caravan going onto a winter seasonal pitch in Wareham forest in Nov for 4 months so until then lots of little 2-4 night trips away for riding, climbing and chilling.
    Family reunion in Cleethorpes (holidays there every year as a kid!) since my sister is over from Jaoan for first time in 12 years.
    May get a trip to Rivierabike in if the oportunity presents itself.

bruneep

Family hols in Cyprus in June. Back to Bike Verbier end of July/August with the lads.

fadda

Seeing friends in Santorini in May

allfankledup

wales, near Abersoch in a dog friendly cottage for a week. Trip on a steam train to Blaneau, cycle rides near or at coed y brenin, climbing in Caernarfon, several meals at petes eats in llanberis, a couple of days/evenings stomping around beaches

All with 3 kids, wife, and two dogs – 7yr old ip giant schnauzer and a 14 week old puppy…could be interesting…trail centres allow trail dogs in panniers don’t they ?

professor_fate
    Free Member

All being well, spend three months doing an alpine road trip probably revisiting fave haunts and seeking somewhere more offbeat.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

In Rotorua right now riding for 12 days. Some Oz national round enduro hopefully, maybe utah again or uk/alps over the summer not sure yet

Davesport

Heading back to the NW coast of Scotland and the Isles in the motorhome. We’ll never tire of going there. Kids are now too old and too cool to come along 😀

[url=https://flic.kr/p/ecYSUG]056[/url] by Davesport62, on Flickr

[url=https://flic.kr/p/ecYTe1]001[/url] by Davesport62, on Flickr

[url=https://flic.kr/p/ecTeuB]040[/url] by Davesport62, on Flickr

[url=https://flic.kr/p/ecTdYv]092[/url] by Davesport62, on Flickr

zippykona

Barbados next Sunday with first class flights courtesy of our credit card points. I’d happily join Dave sport if the weather was gaurunteed like that!
    Then back for 2 days and taking Mrs Zip to the Malverns for the flower show.
    I’ve never been to the Malverns but it looks excellent and full of potential. The shop lease is up in 3 years and we might be looking for plan B as the new landlords are shits. For some unknown reason I feel the malverns might be it.

stewartc
    Free Member

Monies too tight this year for a proper holiday so just long weekends on the airmiles this year.
    Just back from a long Easter weekend riding in Chiang Mai, Okinawa with the wife at the end of this month followed by Taiwan in June then probably more riding in Chiang Mai in October/November.
    My apartment complex has a pool and it does get hot here in summer so cant complain really, that will suffice.

crankboy
    Free Member

Crankygirl finishes here degree and gets a job so after 5 years of one wage we are splashing out a week in a cottage on the west coast of Ireland and a week in Thasos booked camping weekends and a weekend away in a nice hotel without the boy planned.

shooterman

Big family holiday is same place in Lake Garda end of July. Trying to get fit enough to hire a bike for the day and ride in the Dolomites.

Cheeky 5 days in London at the end of this month. Taking my son to a soccer match as a treat for passing a big exam.

jekkyl

mini jek#2 due in mid may so that’s scuppered any plans for a decent (read hot & sunny) family holiday so we’re going to the lakes.
    I’m getting in a weekend of Brecon & bpw in 2 weekends time before I have to drastically reduce my cycling ahead of baby’s arrival. Will likely plan another cycling weekend for september though.

GrahamS

Centre Parcs in May.

Possibly Euro Disney in the summer.

Random bits of camping around Northumberland and Scotland in between.

This summer is unusual, we don’t normally do a big summer holiday because we spend it on a ski holiday instead.

onlysteel
    Free Member

2 weeks in Austrian Alps, in Stubai and Otztal. Then a week on the Costa del Fife in October.

RichPenny
    Free Member

5 weeks visiting family in Australia at the end of the year. My mum has recently moved from an awesome rural retreat to Vincentia, where they are a few minutes walk from this:

molgrips
    Free Member

Going to America again. Wife’s sister is getting married. Can’t afford it in the least, but it will be fun all the same. Hoping our customary road trip will be ‘out west’ this time instead of staying in the state. The shortest logical route taking in the typical South West scenery just happens to have natural stopping points at Moab and Fruita, completely by co-incidence..

zokes
    Free Member

Parents are over at the moment, so next weekend is child free at the Shangri-La in Sydney 🙂

mikey74
    Free Member

I’m a two holiday chap this year: I’ve just come back from the Isle of Skye and off to Whistler in August. I could get used to this :mrgreen:

bwfc4eva868
    Free Member

Two weeks in Lindos,Rhodes. Staying at Lindos Blu a fancy hotel this year for a change. All inclusive but will most likely eat out every night! Flying on the 787 which is a bonus.
    September when all the bratts have gone back to School.

Hopefully missus won’t throw her boarding pass and passport on the floor like last year as she didn’t wanna come home.

dknwhy

2 weeks in Austria for me again. Different place this time – Kleinwalsertal. Looking forward to the riding!

yossarian
    Free Member

Off to St Remy in Provence first week in June.

Then possibly Rome in August and NYC at Christmas.

Haven’t had an OS holiday for nearly a decade and the kids are old enough to enjoy it and have an input now.

n0b0dy0ftheg0at
    Free Member

A bit later than normal, due to me booking my usual weeks off work without realising they fell on school hols and an early Easter this year, we are off to to Longleat Center Parcs in May… It cannot come soon enough!

TheDTs
    Free Member

A week in saalbach with the in laws end of May and a week in Cornwall in the Summer Holidays.
    Got to try and get at least one ride in while in Saalbach. it’s a family holiday so won’t be expecting much.

Viewing 33 posts - 1 through 33 (of 33 total)

The topic ‘Going anywhere nice?’ is closed to new replies.