Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Going 650b the hard way – Bikes nicked
  • scaled
    Free Member

Sulking a bit this morning.

Came home to find the garage ‘up and over’ door had been opened like a tin of sardines.

Nicked was my Nukeproof Mega AM (2012) with CCDB inline, 1×10 and reverb
    Girlfreinds Meta 5.5, 1 x 10, old pikes, reverb
    Scott spark 50 that hasnt had a lot of use these days
    aaaaaand a Pinacle dolomite road bike, tbh i hated the thing and i’m glad to see the back of it.

The police have got the names of the lads that did it so fingers crossed they’ve not moved them on already.

I’ll definitely be beefing up the garage security before filling it with bikes again, the sundries like tool/tyres are going to be the expensive bits to replace after all this i’m sure.

In the mean time, i’m left with a race on the 15th and nothing to ride!

kimbers

what sorta race?

dbcooper
    Free Member

how did the police get the lads names so quick, prints?
    Where are you?

scaled
    Free Member

Ah – i’m in the badlands of Wythenshawe/Northern Moor.

Not sure how they got their names but they seemed pretty confident.

I should add that GMP have been fantastic, break in happened saturday night, they attended within 10 mins according to the neighbours that called.

Showed up for statements + dusted for prints within a couple of hours of me calling them this morning.

Seems that it was 2 lads and they came back for second helpings as they couldn’t carry it all in one go. Brazen!

julians
    Free Member

sorry to hear that.

Were the bikes locked up/chained up in the garage or just ‘loose’?

Always interested in the methods used to steal bikes, so I can try and prevent it happening to me.

scaled
    Free Member

Bikes were foolishly loose – in this instance a big **** off ground anchor would probably have done the job, in the short term at least.

julians
    Free Member

Thanks for the info. A few years back I had a lock up garage that I was renting in didsbury broken into.

The door itself had the usual built in flimsy garage door lock on the handle, plus sliding bolts and padlocks on each corner, plus a garage defender thingy.

The bike itself was chained to a ground anchor using 12mm chain.

The scrotes broke into the garage, by cutting the sliding bolt on the lower right hand corner , and folding the door back on itself from the corner. But they didnt take the bike, presumably due to the chain & ground anchor.

dbcooper
    Free Member

Good luck with your recovery.

tenfoot

Scumbags – hope you get your bikes back

fr0sty125
    Free Member

Sad news, seems like a lot of decent bikes are getting stolen these days.

Does anyone else almost expect their bikes to be stolen and regularly think what they would be replace them with?

chakaping
    Free Member

Sounds like you should get them back, fingers crossed – and lets hope the little **** get to taste some porridge.

Was the garage connected to house by an interior door, out of interest? Wondering if that’s why you got such good service from GMP or if they’re just awesome.

dazh

Oh no just saw this. Must be gutting. Hope you get them back, and if not then hope you’re insured enough to replace them.

Good to see the cops on the ball over a bike theft/burglary. Too often you hear stories in Manc of the cops not even bothering to turn up for stuff like this.

mcnultycop

What race?

easygirl

Well done to the police for acting so swiftly
    Hope yiu get them back

scaled
    Free Member

Cheers Daz, Insurance aren’t moving as fast as I’d like but that’s hardly surprising 😀

The race is only the PMBA enduro at penmachno, there’s a league going with me and the rest of the lads and i’m seriously lagging behind in points!

I’ve found a bike to borrow for it but it’s a coil sprung SC Bullit, BOING!

As I realised last night though, they nicked the Meta 5.5 without the rear bolt thru axle (which arrived in the post yesterday) I hope they have as much pain sourcing one as I did 😀

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Going 650b the hard way – Bikes nicked’ is closed to new replies.