Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Going 2×10 – what cassette options?
  • Recycler
    Free Member

Morning all,

I am in the process of moving from 3×9 to 2×10 and have chainrings of 38-26. Which cassette would you recommend I get for use with these chainrings?

Thanks very much

stevied
    Free Member

Just get an 11-36. If you are thinking of going 1 x 10, in the future, with an expander ring get an XT cassette.

vincienup
    Free Member

11-34 or 11-36 are the obvious choices. I run both with different fronts.

I run the 11-34 with the 38/26 on my main bike and find it very trail friendly. Climbs well and is useful for descending. I found 36/24 a bit undergeared. I have had days when I’ve been surprised to find an 11-36 out back because I forgot i’d had the wheels on a different bike, though…

As above, if there’s any intention of fitting an extender at some point go for an XT cassette.

Also, if moving from triple, be aware that the ring offsets and therefore required shifting differences between a triple (or two rings on a triple) and a true double are different. If you have a mystery front shift that isn’t quite clean or tends to drop a bit, look here and fit a double specific mech and compatible shifter (pulls are different to compensate for the offset difference).

njee20
    Free Member

Just get an 11-36.

This. No real reason to have anything else IMO.

Recycler
    Free Member

Thanks very much for your thoughts and experiences

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Going 2×10 – what cassette options?’ is closed to new replies.