Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Going 1×10 on a CX – shifter question
  • superjohn71
    Free Member

If I set up a 1×10 system on my CX bike, what is generally done for the left hand shifter / lever – just use the normal one, all be it not connected to a front derailleur, or is there a brake lever available that has a similar hood profile?

MrPottatoHead

Interested in responses to this too as I’m thinking of going the same way. I know Gevenalle have an option for single ring which is tempting.

As a more Heath Robinson solution I was going to just bolt the gear cable to the bottle boss if the left hand shifter was too floppy on it’s own.

Nipper99
    Free Member

are you saying you’ll just keep the brifter on the left for braking and not shifting the front mech if so will be fine (105 type) as never a problem when I have run like this.

steve_b77
    Free Member

I just took the cable out and left it alone, it’s not like the 50gs you’ll save by taking the blade off is worth anything on a cx bike

orena45

Yep, just left mine alone/unconnected. No reason to do anything else.

RestlessNative
    Free Member

I got the Gevenalle, I like it, a lot. You can’t shift from the drops with it though but not bothered with that as drops are for technical bits for me.

scotroutes

I’ve just been reading about someone who converted their LH brifter to operate their dropper post.

DavidB
    Free Member

Thread hijack. Is there a 1 x 10 CX option with 36 cog at front and 13-42 at back?

paul4stones

Not sure I understand the question but you know that a 9sp mtb rear mech will work with a 10sp road shifter? Add a goat link or similar if you need more capacity. I’ve got 105 10sp with a 9sp deore rear mech and 34×11-32 or 40×11-32 without changing anything other than the chainring.

cp

As above, just don’t put the gear cable in.

swanny853

I’ve just been reading about someone who converted their LH brifter to operate their dropper post.

I’ve been meaning to do this for the last year but keep finding other things to do and lending the post to people who’s droppers have broken. How did it go?

federalski
    Free Member

I’ve got the older Sram Force 1×10.
    As said above the left shifter is still there even on that (actually had to check just there) you kind of forget it’s there.

scotroutes

I’ve been meaning to do this for the last year but keep finding other things to do and lending the post to people who’s droppers have broken. How did it go?[/quote]It was on a SRAM Force setup

Converted the left shifter into a dropper post switch. Move the spring off the shifting pawl and click in the shifter is gone. Thanks to the Sram rep for a little help.

MrPottatoHead

Ah cool that’s me sorted then. I’d assumed without cable tension there’d be a lot of free movement in the lever – sounds like it’s not an issue.

superjohn71
    Free Member

So had I, I was concerned that without the cable tension it would be too ‘flappy’ , so is good to know that isn’t the case.

swanny853

Cheers Scotroutes

scotroutes

Oh – it looks like a KS Lev (or similar)

scotroutes

[url=https://flic.kr/p/Lf9qxb]Force Switch[/url] by Colin Cadden, on Flickr

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Going 1×10 on a CX – shifter question’ is closed to new replies.