Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Going 1×10, direct mount rear mechs?
  • _tom_
    Free Member

I’m finally about to switch to 1×10, about to order a mech but have just seen SLX now appear to be direct mount? Looks like theres a bit of a difference so will I need to order some kind of adaptor to fit my frame as well? Its a Blender so its an old style non removable hanger. Also, medium cage fine for an 11-36 cassette with 32t front?

Mister-P
    Free Member

SLX mechs are direct mount compatible but you remove part of the mech to make it direct mount, you don’t need to buy anything to use it as non-direct.

Yes a medium cage is fine for 11-36 with a 32T.

_tom_
    Free Member

Nice one, cheers! Also who makes the most reliable 10spd chain?

chiefgrooveguru

Assuming you’re not going to add a range extender sprocket (40 or 42t) then you might as well run a short cage mech like a Zee – I have them on both my hardtail and full-sus (though the latter is on the limit of the Zee because of the chain growth).

I’ve been running KMC X10L gold chains for a while now and can’t fault them.

_tom_
    Free Member

Ah didn’t realise short cage would be ok with a 36t. Already ordered the SLX though and its £15 cheaper so I’ll probably just keep that although I do think short ones look a lot better!

I’ve been using kmc x9 chains for years so I’m glad the 10spd are just as good 🙂

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Going 1×10, direct mount rear mechs?’ is closed to new replies.