Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Going 1 x 9
  • teenrat

I searched the forum but couldnt find a previous post.

Anyway, i currently ride an SLX dual M665 2 x 9 and want to drop the granny. Is it as simple as removing the granny ring and removing the front mech? is it that simple? I currently use a stinger dual chainguide, but i’m guessing this would still be OK for a single ring up front.

warpcow
    Free Member

Yes, and no. You’d need a top-guide to keep the chain on, not a bottom-roller.

tomhoward

You might want to change the remaining ring to one without shifting pins, just to stop the ring form wanting to drop the chain. Not a big deal though.

danielgroves
    Free Member

Personally I’d run a full chain-guide if I didn’t have a clutch mech, you might be alright with only a top guide though.

DanW
    Free Member

Get a top guide and a singlespeed or narrow/ wide front ring and you shouldn’t have any troubles. I could probably dig out an e13 top guide and reasonably worn Raceface SS 32T ring just to get you going…

bjhoppalong
    Free Member

How much for the thick/ thin and the top guide if teen rat doesn’t want it?

DanW
    Free Member

Sorry for the hijack 😳 Anyone interested drop me an email to sk8erdj50[at]hotmail[dot]com

deanhempshall
    Free Member

I’ve just gone 1×9, i’m running a works components narrow/wide ring with a Superstar xcr top guide. Faultless at the weekend.

BoardinBob

Gone 1×9 on two of my bikes

Giant Reign X with an On One 32T chainring, e13 LG1 chainguide and a 12-36 cassette, SRAM X7 mech

On One 456 Summer Season with a Race Face N/W 30T chainring, no chainguide 11-34 cassette, SLX Shadow mech

Zero problems with either set up

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Going 1 x 9’ is closed to new replies.