Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Goggles for glasses wearers
  • Conan257
    Free Member

I’m going to need to start wearing a full face helmet soon, for racing purposes, and with that territory goes goggles.

Being a glasses wearer, and no intention to wear contacts, can anyone provide some guidance with regards to goggles over glasses?

globalti
    Free Member

They will steam up twice as fast as just goggles or just glasses.

Why do you need goggles? Is it to make you look fast? Won’t presecription sport glasses do just as well? These have been discussed many times on here if you do a bit of searching.

Conan257
    Free Member

I have prescription oakley’s, I was just looking for some insight before plunging…

Might be that one over the other is a bad idea, and it’s better to just stick with glasses…

Sundayjumper

Oakley do – or did – some goggles with a little cutout at the edge so that they sit over the arms of your glasses OK. They still steam up though.

smatkins1
    Free Member

Just to back up what Sundayjumper has said, a friend was telling me in the skiing world goggle which have been slightly adapted to go over glasses are not uncommon. So I’m sure some mtb ones will exist or find some ski ones which fit your helmet.

spooky_b329

If you search for the cilliaryblue threads there are links to some mini-goggles for motorbikes etc, they look like sunnies and cilliaryblue can reglaze them with prescription lenses.

tragically1969
    Free Member

The Oakleys you need are any model with OTG in the name.

pigeonthing
    Free Member

i’ve got rx prescription inserts in my goggles..work great…but i guess any prescription shades will be ok and just don’t have goggles…

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Goggles for glasses wearers’ is closed to new replies.