• This topic has 8 replies, 8 voices, and was last updated 15 years ago by ART.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Goggles?
  • Whathaveisaidnow
    Free Member

I’m after some goggles for a trip to the Alps in the summer.

Need to fit a large Giro Remedy helmet well, and be as well ventilated as possible.

I kind of like the look of the Oakley Crowbar (£40) or Smith Pistons (£32), both of which seem to tick the ventilation and fit boxes.

I see that Smith do some with a battery operated motor that expels hot hair and such like, these are £75 mind you! Anyone got these?

Don’t really want to break the bank, but I don’t want to be sweating under a cheap pair, how hot and uncomfortable does it get in a full face and goggles in summer?

Cheers

s8tannorm
    Free Member

Me, I like Spy goggles.

solamanda
    Free Member

Look on ebay, I picked up some Smiths for a tenner from someone clearing alot of stock.

twohats
    Free Member

Oakley MX O frames
    http://www.steptoes.co.uk/oakley-mx-goggles-display_SUQ9MTIwNw.ghtml
    cost £20 inc p+p from here:

http://www.steptoes.co.uk/oakley-mx-goggles-search_O-Frame-Goggles_dGFibGU9ZXlld2VhciZmaWVsZD1Nb2RlbCZ2YWx1ZT1NWCBPIEZyYW1l.ghtml

They vent as well as most goggles can, fit the Remedy really well and spare lenses are about £3.50 each and readily available.

A full face lid and goggles can get pretty sweaty if its hot, but there ain’t much you can do about it!!!

fingerbike
    Free Member

Got Spy with the double lens, never fog, comfy.

nina
    Free Member

get some arabian ones

JonEdwards
    Free Member

O-frames with a Remedy here. No issues. You can get Enduro lenses for a few extra ££ which have vents in the top.

jam-bo

i use O-frames with snow lenses in, no steaming issues.

ART

Slight hijack.. anybody know if it’s better to look at the youth version of goggles for smaller heads/ faces?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Goggles?’ is closed to new replies.