Viewing 15 posts - 81 through 95 (of 95 total)
  • Gods County
  • patriotpro
    Free Member

Not bad for a load of black pudding eating, whippet-loving, wife-beating, fish n chip-eating miners eh Kryton 😉

totalshell

now lets get to it.. im from yorkshire born ( literally on ilkley moor) and bred and its THE best place on Earth..

the first day of the tour will be a fantastic ride and blooming brilliant visually.. but the second day.. were they on drugs?

i would nt take an armoured car through keighley let alone ride a 5k push bike even if i have 180 of me mates with me.. the route through hebden bridge is fast and very narrow.. it even loops into Lancashire for about 3 miles.. the second half into the bankrupt south yorkshire is visually awful..
    why not start at york loop up the north york moors take in scarborough and brid and take the fast straight roads to ‘Ull and beyond..

patriotpro
    Free Member

What’s up wi Keighley totalshell? 😉

Nobby

2012 Olympics – what were the stats again… Oh that were it if Yorkshire was a nation, we’d have come 3rd. Beat that yer ****

IIRC, that was based on very flawed data – it included Wiggo and any athlete that had even visited Yorkshire for more than 48 hours. 😉

Mikeypies
    Free Member

you are having a laugh
    gods country north of the M4 ? what drugs are you northern monkeys on 🙂

Dales_rider
    Free Member

B.A.Nana – Member

Does anyone know where the closing shot is from???

Yes its Roseberry Topping Guisbourough

Pook

totalshell – the bit in south yorkshire is actually very, very pretty.

piemonster

Ok, I’m open minded. And I’m sure I must have missed some stuff about Yorkshire in the 3-4 years I lived there.

How about some photos of the bestest riding bits? Might actually inspire me to go back south of Kendal.

You can leave out anything near Hebden Bridge, it’s rubbish.

ask1974
    Free Member

The way I see it is if I’m going to drive all that way (North) why stop somewhere where they have some nice looking hills and talk a little funny? Might as well keep your foot down for another hour or two and go somewhere really pretty, with proper big hills and where they really mangle the English language… 😉

Edit: before any Scots take offence I’m half scot myself and love both people and place…

piemonster

I’m offended on their behalf

Edited for pedants.

ask1974
    Free Member

There? Where are you from, Yorkshire?

Edit: rescinded 😉

grannygrinder
    Free Member

Hampshire = Gods rich cousins county

Carmarthenshire = Gods county, and thats that 😀

piemonster

How about some photos of the bestest riding bits? Might actually inspire me to go back south of Kendal.

ask1974
    Free Member

Controversial it may be but quoting from the Times on the 29th March…

North isn’t happy as Surrey named best place to live

They go on to say…

The tree-lined, rolling hillsides in the southwest corner of Surrey have been named the home of Britain’s best rural quality of life.

and…

The study appeared virtually to discount the northern half of England, including just three northern districts in its top 50 places to live. The list was dominated by the commuter belt in the South East, which claimed nine of the top 20 positions

In defence of Northern areas…

Nitesh Patel, an economist at Halifax, which has its headquarters in Yorkshire, conceded that its table
    was rather subjective. “If we had measured areas of natural beauty, clean air and access to green space the
    results would have been different,” he said. “But income is an important factor and unfortunately there is a
    North-South divide.”

brack
    Free Member

I wouldn’t give that list much credence ..

Guildford? In the top 30. The place itself is nice enough but my goodness I worked as a Paramedic there for a year…. Had my response car moved 3 times by irate motorists and had more abuse from stressed out locals than in my entire 20 years working all over the South coast.

Quietly understated Chichester, or Midhurst. Now they really do have the lot !

Viewing 15 posts - 81 through 95 (of 95 total)

The topic ‘Gods County’ is closed to new replies.