• This topic has 0 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 9 years ago by MSP.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 92 total)
  • God only knows
  • MSP

How the BBC can claim to love music after producing this jumbled screechathon.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/articles/4ljxP75dnJsTgkqgVm8yLK6/lovebbcmusic-tonight-8-00pm

Completely misses any feeling or harmony as seen in the original beach boys version, or the BBC production of “perfect day”.

jamj1974

**** hell that’s awful. Cannot believe how shite that is….

fasthaggis

^^

Edric64
    Free Member

It truly is awful !

dbcooper
    Free Member

Fasthaggis v good.. I thought it was wonderful. Really really good arrangement.

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XqLTe8h0-jo[/video]

joshvegas
    Free Member

It always a bit weird when a different person sings different lines but I thought it was pretty inoffensive.

Malvern Rider
    Free Member

It’s like being molested in the eyes and ears by a hundred disconnected and inflated egos. The music is merely incidental at this point, surely? It’s just a soulless vehicle for the aforementioned egos. That could be why it sounds so awful.

zippykona

As it’s “our song” we are turning it off if (!)it comes on the radio.
    There’s no way on earth it could have been improved. ****.

IHN

It’s not that bad; it’s basically exactly the same as Perfect Day, just a different song and different artists.

northernmatt

At least Bono isn’t in it

Speshpaul

“At least Bono isn’t in it “

Winner winner chicken dinner.

Junkyard
    Free Member

Perfect day was good this is awful.

4130s0ul
    Free Member

Stevie Wonder was the only redeeming feature of all that. the rest of it was bland and soulless like the people singing

lemonysam
    Free Member

At least it’s short.

mudshark
    Free Member

Brian Wilson is the only good thing in it – so listen to the original!

Pet Sounds is one of the greatest ever albums, not sure how many people are aware of it so maybe this BBC thing will help with that?

jekkyl

Brian May really has done some shit since Freddie died.

jamj1974

Brian May may have terrific technical skills (I’m not a guitarist so this is an amateur assessment!) but he has absolutely zero ‘soul’ in his playing.

zippykona

Ok,so someone has made a (shit) song but does it need adverts to tell you about it? Why the **** do they have to go so overboard about it.
    I’ve had to switch off and won’t be near a bbc station for at least 2 weeks.

northernmatt

Unimpressed Brian May is unimpressed

jamj1974

Never realised that Brian and James May seem to timeshare the same face!

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

It’s not that bad – it is not a remake – it is a celebration of the original with a number of big name artists ‘paying homage’, plus some less talented artists like one direction, kylie minogue, etc…

roper
    Free Member

I don’t understand it. Why go to all the bother and expense to make something worse than the original? This version is disappointing, watered down and limp. With all of those musicians surely they could have written something themselves.
    The Beetles did it for the first live global TV broadcast in 1967, with All You Need Is Love. A new song with a relevant message and including some of the most famous people of the day.
    I think its a shame they didn’t take a risk, they might have come up with something wonderful.

DezB
    Free Member

Turned it off as soon a Elton bloody John’s fat face appeared. It can’t be more offensive than the Perfect Day thing they did, because that was the most offensive thing ever.
    Clueless old ****

grenosteve
    Free Member

northernmatt – Member

At least Bono isn’t in it

yeah yeah yeah yeah!

footflaps

Lavish production, mediocre result…

martinhutch

Loved the first 20 seconds of the video. Started sounding horribly discordant and disjointed after that.

mikey3
    Free Member

You guys are so cool.

IHN

The music is merely incidental at this point, surely? It’s just a soulless vehicle for the aforementioned egos.

That and raising probably a million or so quid for Children in Need.

ThePinkster

Should I be proud to admit I don’t even recognise >50% of the ‘performers’ in that video?

Does that make me officially old?

binners

I know! Lets take something beautiful, and varnish it with a thick veneer of Radio 2 friendly blandness.

jekkyl – Member

Brian May really has done some shit since Freddie died.

Oh come on. Its not all been bad

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EllYgcWmcAY[/video]

stever
    Free Member

Really didn’t like it on the radio last night but made more sense in the context of the film. Don’t know what that says about me 😉

DezB
    Free Member

mikey3 – Member
    You guys are so cool.

Hmm, yeah, I like that it’s cool to care about decent music. Thanks.

IHN

It’s even cooler when you’re the ones defining what decent music is.

jamj1974

mikey3 – Member
    You guys are so cool.

Mikey, it’s not about being cool. They have ruined an amazingly beautiful song – perhaps one of the most beautiful pop songs. I don’t mind a cover but it could have been done wonderfully.

irc

I like it.

DezB
    Free Member

IHN – Member
    It’s even cooler when you’re the ones defining what decent music is.

No, we’re expressing an opinion on what is not decent. I’ll also express the opinion that your post isn’t half as clever as you think it is.

RustySpanner

😀

IHN

I’ll also express the opinion that your post isn’t half as clever as you think it is.

Well, that’s an opinion we do share.

MrWoppit
    Free Member

Thing is, “Perfect Day” was an intelligent, literate classic with a sly, knowing sub-text completely missed by most of the people who liked it and, I suspect, the British Broadcorpsing Castration.

This other thing is just a weepy bit of nonsense based on a ridiculous premise by a writer of pretty little pop songs.

IHN

British Broadcorpsing Castration[/I]

Ooh, clever.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 92 total)

The topic ‘God only knows’ is closed to new replies.