Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 122 total)
  • God – he's smashing isn't he?
  • barnsleymitch
    Free Member

Well, it makes a change 😛

Talkemada
    Free Member

He? What makes you think God is a 'He'?

Racist…

coffeeking
    Free Member

He, I think you'll find they use.

allthepies
    Free Member

He's so big, so very, very, big.

barnsleymitch
    Free Member

and furious, you forgot furious. Anyway, make the best of it, I'm sure someone will be along shortly to tell me I'm a c*nt.

iDave
    Free Member

(s)he's got the whole world in his hands you know

anonymouse
    Free Member

He wants me for a sunbeam.

oldgit
    Free Member

"He? What makes you think God is a 'He'?"

His beard.

anonymouse
    Free Member

Can I get an "Amen"?

trailmonkey

interesting slant on the argument. let's not debate existence, let's debate his apparent ambivalence to suffering, or is there are ready made stock answer to that one ?

tazzymtb

anonymouse
    Free Member

I think the stock answer is that He moves in mysterious ways. Sort of the religious equivalent to "we just don't know". See, we don't claim to have all the answers.

Stoner
    Free Member

gusamc
    Free Member

does that mean that a bike with badly dinged rims, loose steerer and shot bearings ridden on ice is god ?

silverpigeon
    Free Member

He is merciful, let's not forget merciful

barnsleymitch
    Free Member

My dad moved in a mysterious way, especially after eight or nine pints of tetleys.

anonymouse
    Free Member

Start worshipping that bike now!

tazzymtb

merciful? Have you read the bible? Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

rs
    Free Member

this guy is better

Talkemada
    Free Member

Mother, it's starting again…

barnsleymitch
    Free Member

And on the seventh day, just before teatime, God created Kylie's bottom, and lo, it was good. He then spoke to the sinner woppit and said 'thou art a sp*nk stain upon the duvet of life', and the sinful STW'ers cowered in fear. Here endeth the first lesson… 😉

westkipper
    Free Member

barnsleymitch, you speak wrongly!
    The sacred book of MY people tells that it is the hips and thighs of Beyonce that is the Truth, and that the unbelievers shall have furious death vented upon them!.

simonralli2
    Free Member

So folks, where do you stand on the Tao? or Upanishads? Just curious like. Or David Bohm's concept of wholeness and the implicate order? And were Newton and Einstein wrong to believe in God?

Don's flameproof clothes, runs to a safe distance and awaits with baited breath! 😀

Woody
    Free Member

You'll both go to hell for 'coveting thy neighbours wife'!

Talkemada
    Free Member

And on the seventh day, just before teatime, God created Kylie's bottom, and lo, it was good. He then spoke to the sinner woppit and said 'thou art a sp*nk stain upon the duvet of life', and the sinful STW'ers cowered in fear. Here endeth the first lesson…

AMEN, BROTHER BARNESLYMITCH, AMEN!

Here, is Wisdom.

Bow down, Heathen scum, before the Majesty of Creation:

westkipper
    Free Member

Einsteins view of god was very much a metaphor, and, given his background as a member of a culture that had been very much singled out and persecuted for its religion, its more of a surprise that his 'faith' was so weak.
    Newton, on the other hand, was a nutter.

Stoner
    Free Member

MrKmkII
    Free Member

Einstein wrong to believe in God?

he didn't, but thanks for playing

rs
    Free Member

Anyway, make the best of it, I'm sure someone will be along shortly to tell me I'm a c*nt.

And on the [insert number of days between now and that fictitious day in history] day, god turned his followers into internet trolls 🙂

barnsleymitch
    Free Member

Guilty as charged. 😳

Talkemada
    Free Member

Einstein wrong to believe in God?
    he didn't, but thanks for playing

Really?

A knowledge of the existence of something we cannot penetrate, of the manifestations of the profoundest reason and the most radiant beauty – it is this knowledge and this emotion that constitute the truly religious attitude; in this sense, and in this alone, I am a deeply religious man.

I do not believe in a personal God and I have never denied this but have expressed it clearly. If something is in me which can be called religious then it is the unbounded admiration for the structure of the world so far as our science can reveal it.

I believe in Spinoza's God who reveals himself in the orderly harmony of what exists, not in a God who concerns himself with the fates and actions of human beings. (Albert Einstein)

I think you've just scored an own goal… 😀

westkipper
    Free Member

As I said earlier, a metaphor for reality.
    and just because Einstein did/ didn't believe, doesn't make it true.
    The quoted passage is no more a concession to 'god' than some of Dawkins statements, that the truth of evolution and natural forms give as much of a sense of wonder as religion.
    Does that make Dawkins religious?

nickc

David Bohm's

That sounds just like Bum….

MrWoppit
    Free Member

barnsleymitch – Member

And on the seventh day, just before teatime, God created Kylie's bottom, and lo, it was good. He then spoke to the sinner woppit and said 'thou art a sp*nk stain upon the duvet of life', and the sinful STW'ers cowered in fear. Here endeth the first lesson…

Hello barnsley. I see you've changed your mind about wanting me to "leave (you) the **** alone".

Do you want me to make you feel "like a worthless peice of sh1t" again?

Surely you'd welcome the opportunity to once again personally experience the true nature of your worthless imaginary deity? Let me lead you there…

crikey
    Free Member

You've woken him up….

cullen-bay
    Free Member

Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.

– Victor Stenger

iDave
    Free Member

Talkemada
    Free Member

I'd like one of them, but I'd install a pole in it, and employ a rather lovely young Mediterranean lady to dance inside it for me.

MrWoppit
    Free Member

Yes, it's interesting that the execrable Ratzinger's predecessor attributed his survival of the assasin's bullet to something he called "Our (sic) Lady of Fatima" – a sort of magical female ghost who, he claims, altered the path of the assasin's bullet so that it didn't kill him.

One might wonder that why, given the alleged Lady's magical powers and all, why she didn't direct the bullet to miss him altogether, removing the need for a team of 11 surgeons and theatre staff to fight for hours to save his life.

But apparently, they were not as responsible as the aforementioned catholic magic person for his survival, to get a mention…

It really beggars belief that the sort of numbskulls who believe in this drivel seriously expect to be treated with any sort of respect.

Daniel Dennett, when being told after a quadruple heart by-pass operation by some of his friends that they had "prayed for him", enquired – "Thankyou. Did you also sacrifice a goat"? 😆

barnsleymitch
    Free Member

"Surely you'd welcome the opportunity to once again personally experience the true nature of your worthless imaginary deity? Let me lead you there…"
    Allow me to point out the obvious woppit – we're both sitting tapping away at keyboards, not standing face to face, so be a love and drop the threatening tone. Is this to be another example of what you term 'muscular debate'? because all I was doing was taking the p*ss.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 122 total)

The topic ‘God – he's smashing isn't he?’ is closed to new replies.