Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • God help me, off to sister in laws in Whitby…. Any good riding around there?
  • MicArms

Off up there next week, boss said I have to be happy whilst I endure hippy teacher s-i-l and her folk singer chap.
    So am allowed to take the bike and drink heavily to numb the pain of social interaction.
    So…someone advise any good areas to head too, can either take the mtb, road or cross bike.

MicArms

D’oh….wrong forum..

Creg

Loads of riding to be had on either road, cross or mountain bike. Dalby isn’t too far away, the moors are easily accessible too. Lots of good climbs for the road bike on quiet roads if thats more your thing.

HansRey

there’s a good chance that you’re going to visit one of my old school teachers, I grew up in Whitby and then in Goathland nearby. My mum works in the local comprehensive too.

Tbh, there’s isn’t much in Whitby itself. If you have a car, i’d recommend going to any of Goathland, Egton, Danby, Castleton, Hole of Horcum or Littlebeck. Also, there is some good riding at Cropton Forest, Rosedale Abbey, Langdale Forest and Dalby Forest. If you want to venture further north (middlesbrough way), then the area around Roseberry Topping looks fantastic (although i haven’t ridden around there). Most of those are rideable from Whitby itself, although the tourists are a menace on the roads and i would avoid if possible.

If you want any pub recommendations in whitby, i’d say that station inn and black horse are decent. The best pub in the area is the Birch Hall Inn in Beck Hole. The owners are great and the beer is brilliant. The locals are friendly and often down there which gives it a good vibe.

maximusmountain
    Free Member

You can easily drive to guisborough from whitby along the coast road. Good tracks there, quite a few bridleways running through the woods and some purpose built track by the locals. Bit lumpy on a cross bike.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘God help me, off to sister in laws in Whitby…. Any good riding around there?’ is closed to new replies.