Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 88 total)
  • Gob shite Rooney wants to shut the **** up!!
  • wrightyson
    Free Member

I'm sorry. Was that not for what it's worth, the worst performance in 11 england shirts ever! And for Rooney to turn on the fans that have spent their hard earned is ****. Sorry, love my team, England till I die and all that but Rooney, go **** yourself!

Waderider
    Free Member

I think similar, along the lines of "football wants to **** off".

Load of boredom, diametric opposite of mountain biking.

grumm
    Free Member

I'm really struggling to care tbh.

TheFunkyMonkey
    Free Member

Totally agree. It was cringeworthy and piss boiling at the same time.

I watched the second half with as big a dose of apathy as I've felt for anything in a long time. I couldn't have really cared if Algeria scored to be honest.

Well done you bunch of over-paid tossers.

deserter
    Free Member

I fell asleep for most of the 2nd half, honestly not arsed about watching anymore England games, not cause I'm fickle just because they are boring as ****, its painfull to watch if I'm being honest

Philby

Another 90 minutes of my life wasted watching over-paid prima-donnas who struggled to do even the basics correctly. Agree with the OP that Rooney should go f*** himself – the fans have paid thousands to at least see the team try and win the game. Only France have shown more antipathy and boredom in a game.

NZCol

My staff boo me when i'm having a bad day so i don;t see why he should be any different …

wrightyson
    Free Member

Seriously tho, your average guy or gal earns 20 to 25k a year, they go out get flights, stay in some wnk campsite, buy vuvuwotsits and they've easily done over a grand, maybe 2( I don't know,) of their hard earned, for one of those cheeky tuncs to gob off and say, yeah typical England fans booing!
    The reason we're booing you illeterate fookin monkey is coz we're sick of being let down!!!
    How dare we complain when we're struggling to buy nice things for our kids whilst working a 9 to 5.
    Go MTFU the lot of you? Tuncs!!

higgo
    Free Member

The England support is a disgrace. You don't boo your own players, end of.

United > England.

aka_Gilo
    Free Member

Higgo – Member

The England support is a disgrace. You don't boo your own players, end of.

Why not. You don't seriously think they deserved any different?

bonzodog
    Free Member

I didnt catch exactly what rooney said as he walked off.

Anyone care to let me in on it?

brakes
    Free Member

Sounded like 'dey do doh don't dey do' to me

theotherjonv

The fans: They stuck with the team through a very poor performance. And then expressed frustration in the most effective way they can. They'll be back on wednesday cheering and supporting, don't doubt it.

Rooney: his comment comes not from the booing – he'll understand that in his heart of hearts, he's a fan too. But on the back of a very disappointing performance both collectively and individually, that's his frustration boiling over.

We'd all like to think they shouldn't happen, but they do. It's because they actually do care.

The problem now comes on Weds. Massive expectation from the fans, the pressure that we have to win (and ideally win well to still top the group) – how long do they have / how many missed passes are allowed before the frustration gets vocalised again?

I've followed and supported this lot through thick and mainly thin for 30+ years. Here's the news, it's the same as it ever was. But also here's what I've learnt. The joy of victory is all the sweeter for having stuck with them through the tough times. That's whn you feel you've earnt it.

(and Jeez, supporting Reading at club level, was that worth the wait….)

Joxster
    Free Member

Isn't it the media stirring the sh!t? Did they need to show the clip? If they hadn't then everyone would be none the wiser.

nuke

Anyone care to let me in on it?

"Nice to see your own fans booing you. If that's what loyal support is … for f*&%'s sake."

:edit: I did see him say it on the ITV coverage but it was difficult to hear…just checked with various online papers and everyone seems to have a slightly different quote…quote above is from Guardian.

misterfrostie
    Free Member

Higgo you'd probably think differently if you'd spend a couple of grand to go watch that pile of carp

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

They were shite.

fadda

Overpaid prima donna in "can't take a bit of well-deserved stick" shocker…

fadda

Double post

Bushwacked
    Free Member

SHocking performance – stupid mistakes, no pace, no flair and the fact some of algerias players play for teams like Wolves says it all!!

We played like Schoolgirls against a harden pubteam!!

yunki
    Free Member

Load of boredom, diametric opposite of mountain biking.

+1

neverfastenuff
    Free Member

The manager is to be blamed, he took the same old shite with him, he took a couple of known crocks, he left Bale in england who in my opinion was in superb form and could/would have been a far more effective wing back. I cannot believe heskey was picked ahead of defoe. But our biggest let down is that we struggle for strikers due to almost all the premiership clubs using top foreign players.

higgo
    Free Member

Higgo you'd probably think differently if you'd spend a couple of grand to go watch that pile of carp

No I wouldn't. I've spent many thousand supporting United over the years and had my share of disappointment. I have never booed my team. And never will.

The idea that the disappointment is linked how much they've spent going over there is a joke. They are deluded. There are 31 other sets of supporters who've spent money getting there (with the possible exception of N Korea). They can't all buy wins with airmiles.

yunki
    Free Member

surely todays football is as corrupt as any other multi-million pound industry and as such to expect anything from the game that isn't based on business deals.. global politics and manipulating the overall mood of the population is like believing in father xmas?

Coyote
    Free Member

he left Bale in england

Seeing as Bale is Welsh there would be little point in taking him to the World Cup.

Coyote
    Free Member

No I wouldn't. I've spent many thousand supporting United over the years and had my share of disappointment. I have never booed my team. And never will.

The idea that the disappointment is linked how much they've spent going over there is a joke. They are deluded. There are 31 other sets of supporters who've spent money getting there (with the possible exception of N Korea). They can't all buy wins with airmiles.

The point is England didn't even try. The impression was that they really couldn't be arsed. They treated their fans with contempt and therefore deserved to be booed. I would even do so far as to say that the fans would have been justified in mooning and throwing puppies!

Digger90
    Free Member

It's not about the amount that fans have spent getting/being there – it's the disappointment with an utterly crap performance.

I booed them too and watched it from my living room at home having spent £0.00 getting there.

They deserved it.

These guys are paid millions a year for 90mins work per week. Yes, my wife says "but they train hard all week too"… so frickin what? I work 12hr days 5 days a week.

After the game, wifey, kids and I watched yesterday's stage of teh Tour of Switzerland.. MUCH better viewing, excitement and value for money from real sportsmen.

wrightyson
    Free Member

+1 coyote!! That post had my True fan alert radar going!

Jamie
    Free Member

Theo Walcott and Darren Bent must be happy they are not going to be associated with all of this.

bigsi
    Free Member

Footballer get told it like it is by those he thought worshiped at his feet and doesn't like what he hears shocker.

He's been ineffective in both matches so far and has just drifted round the pitch waiting for something to happen rather than trying to make it happen.

With a bit of luck he'll be dropped for the final match and it might give him back a bit of fighting spirit for his next match, whenever that might be.

clubber
    Free Member

Poor England. Not quite so well 'prepared' when they're not with their clubs…

konabunny
    Free Member

I'm sure he'll be crying into his 3000 thread count sheets tonight…

project
    Free Member

Just think of rooney as a gobby scoucer,manufactured to sell t shirts and footballs to people who have to much money.

I believe he also gets paid to kick a ball, and sweat profusely, and thats about it.

PrinceJohn
    Free Member

Still think they'll qualify before eventually going out with an heroic performance.

The team has to just play without fear, they've looked like rabbits in the head lights due to the pressure the media have have heaped on them & the way they went for Rob Green was indefensible.

Hopefully now they'll develop the classic siege mentality & come out all guns blazing. Either that or we're the equivalent of France….

MoreCashThanDash

I finished watching the game genuinely not caring if Algeria sneaked a winner – I'm not even sure I blame the manager, the players didn't seem to care, had lost the most basic of skills, and should be throughly ashamed of themselves.

I remember being at the England v Greece at Old Trafford a few years back when winning and performing for your country still seemed to matter – we made hard work of it but you could see and feel how much most of the team wanted to win.

elaineanne
    Free Member

i second that over paid $$$$$$$$……… if they were paid only a quater of what they earn now…maybe they would work harder ! ? i was listening to talk sport on the radio this morning and some guy was actually screaming shouting about the football last nite. he said it was like the England players were on drugs or summot… well funny he was..
    anyway discusting,,,,…. we need some new players !!!!! give someone else a chance…… to be honest at my local school ive seen better footwork from our 9/10 year olds…i really have.
    last nites match was an insult to football (im sorry i enjoy watching england playing but not last nites match…Boo

Obi_Twa
    Free Member

Loving the he left Bale in England line up there. Sums up the whole problem with England fans and the England football team. What most of you dont realise is that the so called golden generation are in fact shite. Scotland had a golden generation once and we all know what happened there….

Coyote
    Free Member

I finished watching the game genuinely not caring if Algeria sneaked a winner

+1

the pressure the media have have heaped on them

Pressure is worrying about supporting your family with redundancies looming. Pressure is waiting for results from hospital. Pressure is NOT getting paid £100,000 per week for playing sport.

clubber
    Free Member

Nah, you're wrong there. The most pressure I've ever felt under has been when racing (not bikes) even though it's really pretty inconsequential to my life compared to proper difficult real
    life situations.

Pressure is something we put on ourselves. No one can actually put you under pressure it's just the way you react to it which is why some are better at dealing with it than others.

I don't buy the problem being pressure though. They get plenty of that at their clubs.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 88 total)

The topic ‘Gob shite Rooney wants to shut the **** up!!’ is closed to new replies.