Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • go pro hd hero cheapest
  • cabbage84
    Free Member

Hi all im after a go pro hd hero helmet camera. Anyone know the cheapest place to purchase one
    Thanks in advance Paul

5lab
    grum
    Free Member

It’s a fair enough question – google shopping or whatever doesn’t always come up with the cheapest deals.

I got mine from pinkbike in Canada, cost about £190 I think – took ages to deliver (like a month or so) but no problems apart from that.

willard

I’m seriously contemplating one from the US which, since it will be a birthday present for me, should be a lot cheaper.

The UK seems to be consistently 100 quid more expensive that over the Atlantic.

rOcKeTdOg

Jenson, cam, chest mount, bar mount, £169 delivered

singletracksurfer

e-mail or call http://www.roughrideguide.co.uk/mtb-gadgets.html and they’ll do you a good deal 😉

UK service too.

Bushwacked
    Free Member

Jenson +1

willard

Link to the website? I keep getting redirected to a certain F1 driver when I try to search….

Bushwacked
    Free Member

Search for jenson USA

craighind
    Free Member

Try {the company that I shamelessly plug… link removed – Mod}

b-a-c-o-n
    Free Member

Not sure what model you are looking to get but the 1080p HD is $300, chest mount is another $40, shipping $20, so prolly 220GBP in total.

The 960 is $180, but it doesn’t have the 60fps option.

http://www.jensonusa.com/store/brand/511-Go+Pro.aspx

willard

Did we ever conclusively decide which one was best?

Tempted by the both the Contour and the GoPro, but both have advantages and disadvantages…

GoPro – +waterproof as standard, +lots of mounting options as standard, -Odd mounting position, -Highly visible
    Contour – +Takes Nokia batteries, +smaller form-factor, -fewer mounting options, – shorter record time, -not waterproof, -lower capacity storage supported.

Hmmmm. Makes me think that the GoPro is just ahead with the exception of the mounting options and the size.

chunkymonkey1982
    Free Member

I bought a GOPRO HD from america, got charged an additional £55 by customs, and parcel farce fees. And took over a month to deliver an another £5 in telephone bills chasing parcel farce up. Beware about buying from america!

willard

Jenson have quoted $20 to get Fedex over to the UK, so even with that and the $300 purchase price, it’s still less than 200 quid. Even £55 for customs makes it cheaper than buying here.

What are the rules of gifts these days? Like I said, it is my birthday present. Would it being giftwrapped with a card make a difference?

chunkymonkey1982
    Free Member

But you have the hassle of waiting ages for it. It took 3 days to get here from the US, but customs had it for over two weeks. I remember reading that if its worth more the £30 (not sure of the figure but it was low) you have to pay customs even if its a gift. Also, when i got my parcel it had been opened so no point trying to lie on the customs form with regards to the item value. They check! But like you said its still cheaper then buying from here, and you may not get caught by customs. Dont get it posted on a more expencive faster delivery because they check these parcels more carefully.

Best bet is to get a mate going to the US to buy one.

Bushwacked
    Free Member

My gopro arrived in less than 48hrs with no customs charges, but I’d factored that in and it was still cheaper. Apparently Fedex is the best way to ship it.

willard

That $20 shipping from Jenson was with Fedex… The only trouble is that they are out of stock currently. Damn.

b-a-c-o-n
    Free Member

It doesn’t really count for much these days stating something is a gift. It really depends on the declared value and it it is used / new.

If you state the value is under $100 – $150 and is used, it will get in under the Customs Radar. But then as you’ve stated the value at $100 with the shipper, if it gets lost you’ll only be able to claim $100. So its a little risk to trade off.

I’m based in So Cal, and have shipped a few things home to mates back in the UK, a Go Pro HD being one and it worked out fine.

willard

I’m going to chance it, as I’ve been promising myself one for a while. I just hope it arrives before I need it!

Bushwacked
    Free Member

Even if you paid RRP I don’t think you’d be disappointed, especially with the LCD bacpac

rOcKeTdOg

ordered from jenson sunday morning, just been delivered according to the tracking, good old neighbour signs for stuff 🙂

not bad going really, i await a letter from fedex re extra payment for duties

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘go pro hd hero cheapest’ is closed to new replies.