• This topic has 16 replies, 10 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by Jamie.
Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Go Outdoors – website/stock/bag of shite!
  • iamanobody
    Free Member

On the go outdoors sales offer they have a top that i would like so i orde rit for collection in store – 1 left 🙂
    Get an email saying not in stock 🙁

Look on website a few days later – yay in stock 🙂 so order it – email to say not in stock 🙁

repeat this a further 2 times 🙁

and guess what – still saying 1 in stock!! How hard is it to update a stock control system FFS – not saying totally live but over a period of 8 days you would expect it sorting!!

not the first time with Go Outdoors either! Piss poor!!

yes this is a middle class rant over an item that i want and don’t actually need but hey ho!!

zilog6128

Have you tried phoning the store to see if they do actually have it?

ampthill

The phone might be a plan or an e-mail

Jamie
    Free Member

GoOutdoors stock control has always been a bit iffy. As well as their website’s filtering when looking for stuff.

It’s like they are stuck in that period when shops first started going online in the early 00s, and have got stuck in a loop.

As such, ringing them is the answer.

BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

How hard is it to update a stock control system FFS

As difficult as it is to order working tills? I was passing GO a couple of weeks ago and nipped in to check the sale rail. Picked up 3 things and went to the till where I was told the tills were “a bit slow today”. Scan, wait, scan again, scan iem #2, push some buttons, borrow another scanner, scan item #1, wait, push some more buttons. 15 minutes later, scan item #2, push some buttons, then scan item #1 again. Ok so after 15 minutes, 1 of 3 items still not rung up. fk it, I pass Tiso on the way home anyway

molgrips
    Free Member

Why do you think they are so cheap?

You pays your money…

scud
    Free Member

Bit of a love/hate relationship with them (similar to Aldi/ Lidl) website is terrible, but when you go into the shop, it is often well organised, cheap and the staff actually seem to know what they are talking about

matt_outandabout

Not for much longer….

Jamie
    Free Member

You pays your money…

I know everyone loves a pithy post, but GO are not exactly cheap.

molgrips
    Free Member

The deals are. They have job lots of quality gear at good prices, and they also have a good budget range.

Talking about bricks and mortar shops now mind. Or girders and panels.

Jamie
    Free Member

My experience of GO is all the amazing deals they have are on their own branded or cheaper level stuff.

Start buying your Salomons, Rab, Garmin etc, then it’s business as usual….with a few exceptions perhaps.

The real value with GO is the price match + 10% offer.

molgrips
    Free Member

The discount card deals are where you win. Bought a RAB eVent jacket for £100.

ampthill

My experience of GO is all the amazing deals they have are on their own branded or cheaper level stuff.

Start buying your Salomons, Rab, Garmin etc, then it’s business as usual….with a few exceptions perhaps.

The real value with GO is the price match + 10% offer.

Exactly this. You have to be very careful. Bougght a track pump in their a couple of weeks ago. Discount card price £28. £21 over the counter in Evans and Halfords, both within walking distance.

I’d say I have about a 90% success rate googling for lower prices whilst in store. But what really annoys me that they charge more instore than their own website, unless you point this out.

Pieface

Their webiste / ecommerce offering is absolutely rubbish.

Ins tore is Ok, but as mentioned, their prices, even after the 10% discount (that you pay for) is not always competitive.

And their Sheffield store is appalling.

nealglover
    Free Member

I love the Sheffield store. It’s like a 1980’s jumble sale

dovebiker

Bought by Mike Ashley – sounds like the race to the bottom has already started? Staff won’t give-a-$hit as they look forward to zero-hours minimum wage joy.

Jamie
    Free Member

Bought by JD Sports, an acquisition currently being looked at by the CMA, so Ashley’s porky little fingers aren’t on this one on the account of owning a different company. 😉

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Go Outdoors – website/stock/bag of shite!’ is closed to new replies.