Viewing 2 posts - 41 through 42 (of 42 total)
  • Go-karting tekkers.. Driving gods to the forum!
  • pondo

Try weighting the outside wheels (I’d never heard of it before) but I wouldn’t put a lot of store in it – you know how sporty road cars have a stiff ride? That’s to minimise weight transfer, they’d be softly sprung if there was grip to gain from putting weight on the outside wheels.

I’d also say not to be afraid of the brake – of course, don’t overuse it, but it’s quicker to lose speed on the way into the corner (with the brake if needs be) than it is to run in there too hot and get all sideways. It’s all about conserving momentum, and that often means sacrificing a bit in order to save a lot. It’s easy to be brave in the quick corners, but as someone suggested before, you’ll make more time in the slow corners – you spend more time in them, after all…

If it’s just on lap times, you’re right not to waste time on racing people, but equally don’t cruise to look for a gap half the length of the track, few kart lengths should be enough – you’ll be able to get past really slow people easy, and if they’re a similar pace it’ll take you a few laps to catch those lengths up.

I have no idea how Councilof10 and Giantalkili’s relationship works, but I’m sure there’s a collective “do IAM” in there. I subscribe to Legend’s view. 🙂

thomthumb
    Free Member

on a typical indoor track stringing racing lines together helps – it’s not a line per corner but a line for the track. I struggle with this.

Viewing 2 posts - 41 through 42 (of 42 total)

The topic ‘Go-karting tekkers.. Driving gods to the forum!’ is closed to new replies.