Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Tour of Britain – Spoiler!
  • brooess
    Free Member

That is all 🙂

Mattie_H
    Free Member

Spoiler alert!

whatnobeer
    Free Member

👿 Spoilers?!

Junkyard
    Free Member

Sick of stuff like this you know many of us will want to watch the highlights and wont know the result

cynic-al
    Free Member

Reported.

brooess
    Free Member

To be fair, it was just on TV! And is on BBC
    But apologies if it’s spoiled anyone’s day…

MSP

Why can’t some just take a bit of personal responsibility and avoid cycling forums if they don’t want to know the results of races.

Jamie
    Free Member

Why can’t some just take a bit of personal responsibility and avoid cycling forums if they don’t want to know the results of cycling races.

I know some of the above are tongue in cheek, but MSP has nailed it for anyone being serious.

whatnobeer
    Free Member

Why can’t some just take a bit of personal responsibility and avoid cycling forums if they don’t want to know the results of cycling races.

Why can’t some not put massive spoilers in the thread titles? Doesnt give anyone a change to avoid it does it?

convert

People who complain about finding out the results of an event whilst furltling about on the internet are nobbers. Go live in a cave if you can’t handle to possibility of finding out the result, esp if it’s just been on live free to view tv.

matt_bl
    Free Member

Big up to Cav, but shouldn’t we be saying

Go Tiernan-Locke, I appreciate it’s not quite as catchy. He was on the cycling show and said he was going for it, but didn’t seem that convincing.

Brit winners of the sprint and KOM as well. We have never had it so good!

cynic-al
    Free Member

So folk have to avoid cycling forums if they want to watch the event in question in the evening after whatever they’ve been doing during the day?

Where the practice of entitling a thread “event _____, spoiler alert” is well established?

Just so someone can be lazy/inconsiderate?

brooess – Member

To be fair, it was just on TV! And is on BBC
    But apologies if it’s spoiled anyone’s day…

Edit the thread title then.

Rorschach
    Free Member

He is TINY!!!!Marcus Backstedt could eat 3 Cav’s and still have room for a finger of fudge.

MSP

So folk have to avoid cycling forums if they want to watch the event in question in the evening after whatever they’ve been doing during the day?

Yes, it’s rather obvious and simple really, a cycling forum is a place where things about cycling are discussed, if you don’t want to see some of those discussions for whatever reason, then avoid the forum.

cynic-al
    Free Member

MSP, it’s easy to be considerate to others, why not try it?

project
    Free Member

Bradley Wiggins , didnt win,

but did get a mention, a great race, some massive crowds, and well worth waiting for tonights highlights.

Jamie
    Free Member

Of course the first port of call for the OP is to have a little think before posting, and pop a spoiler tag on. Failing that though, one cannot be surprised to find out the results on a cycling forum.

For example, if I am going to watch Match Of The Day, I will stay away from news/footie sites. Just seems common sense.

MSP

MSP, it’s easy to be considerate to others, why not try it?

It would be more considerate if you didn’t expect everyone else to avoid the subject until you let us know we could go ahead and discuss it.

cynic-al
    Free Member

I’m just asking…and I’m not asking you to avoid any discussion, just not to let the cat out of the bag in doing so. It’s not difficult.

It’s accepted practice to not entitle threads with spoilers during the day/evening, so folk can browse the forum without getting their evening’s viewing spoiled.

I think the majority here are with me rather than you, but if it’s too much for you just to think about the title of your thread for the sake of others (which doesn’t affect your ability to discuss a result at all), go you.

Junkyard
    Free Member

People who complain about finding out the results of an event whilst furltling about on the internet are nobbers.

Where as those who post the result in a thread title are what?
    Those who stay stuff like you are what?

Go live in a cave

yes it would seem to be the only possible solution to this quandary

no one minds the discussion just being told the result in the title
    It is hardly difficult to achieve a result that satisfies both parties now is it?
    Jamie I tend to agree but the spoilers”rule” is well know to be used here for F1 and racing amongst other sports

bigdean

Some grumpy buggers on here today… Like cavs interview “thought everyone was only interested in side burns”. Another spoiler darth vader is lukes father…

Junkyard
    Free Member

and yet still capable of redemption unlike you 😉

It really says something about you and your character to just spoil it for some other folk when you could discuss it without doing so- basically its like a signed confession to being a ****

I think they make great threads as it leads to lots of self outing

Klunk
    Free Member

but why the need for “spoiler” on the end of a thread entitled “tour of britain” on the day of the final stage ? Any half sane person not wanting to know the result would know not to browse this thread.

cynic-al
    Free Member

“spoiler” may be unnecessary – the original title gave the stage winner away.

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

The topic ‘Tour of Britain – Spoiler!’ is closed to new replies.