• This topic has 18 replies, 17 voices, and was last updated 13 years ago by bruk.
Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Go Ape….worth £30? (Thetford/Woburn)
  • Jamie
    Free Member

Thinking of heading down to either the Woburn or Thetford locations this weekend for something to do. As my sis is popping down without her fat lad of a husband, so I can actually plan something without worrying about the fat knacker having a coronary. Is it worth the cash/1hr drive?

Cheers.

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

Fat people "Go Ape"

Sounds like a right laugh, deffo worth £30

jon1973
    Free Member

It was £20 when I went a few years back at the Look Out in Swinley forest. It was good fun and took about 2 hours with a group of 4/5 of us. Good fun as a one off, although I'm not sure I'd pay £30 to do it again – seems a little expensive now.

enduro-aid
    Free Member

have done the one up here in Scotland (aberfieldy i think) was great fun, esp as once they train you they leave you to make your own way round so you hook on and off yourself

simon_g

It's good fun – did the one at Thetford last year (had done the one near Chepstow in the past). Thetford has far more paths and public areas underneath which makes it feel quite a bit higher than just being over plain forest floor.

They start low and build up – I don't really like heights but the course eases you into it until you realise near the end you're 40+ft up a tree on a tiny platform and pretty comfortable with it.

br
    Free Member

also one in Wendover Woods – could combine with Aston Hill (within 1/2 mile)

donks
    Free Member

There isn't a go ape at Woburn is there? There is one in MK but at Willen Lake though.

stumpy01

Yeah – it's definitely worth it.

But, the one at Thetford gets rammed when the weather's good so I would give them a ring & book in advance, rather than just turn up.

Murray

Good fun but the equivalent in Whistler is better! They don't have bears in Thetford…

phiiiiil

If it's like the one at Coed-y-Brenin you get a card to stamp whenever you go, getting a free go every two times you visit, which makes it much cheaper if you go a few times.

We're saving our free go up for Aberfeldy the next time we go to Scotland, it has a stupidly long zipwire!

BigBikeBash
    Free Member

There is a similar thing at the Big Bike Bash included in the ticket price

steve-g
    Free Member

I did the Leeds Castle one when it was new and half price.

It's brilliant, they sell it as a family day out but it's not. Lots of fear and swearing go into the day. By the end the people are bonded together like they served in the trenches together or something.

grumm
    Free Member

Good fun but a bit expensive – I imagine more exciting if you've never done any climbing/abseiling etc before. 🙂

The long zip wires were the best bit imo – this was the one in Grizedale – the one that goes over the road is quite fun.

Cletus

I have done the one in the Forest of Dean a couple of times with my 13 year old lad. Good fun and reasonable value compared to alternatives (paintballing, football matches etc.)

Bit unfair to book it for someone who may struggle though – give the poor bloke a chance to agree that he is up for it.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

As above, we did something similar as a team building excercise with work, fun if you've not done much climbing before, but if you have there no real challenge to it, probably on a par with rollercoasters at a theme park, exiting and fearfull untill you realise the odds of death/injury are vanishingly small at which point it loses its appeal (at least climbing theres the challenge if not the actual danger).

BigBikeBash
    Free Member

There is a long zip wire over a lake at the Big Bike BAsh (also ioncluded in the price).

bassspine
    Free Member

I've done the Haldon one twice – had to to take my son for his birthday once, went of my own accord the next time. Brilliant fun and I reckon good value.

Jamie
    Free Member

Bit unfair to book it for someone who may struggle though – give the poor bloke a chance to agree that he is up for it.

You misunderstand mate. The big lad ain't coming down hence going to do it, as sister is a fitness freak and usually they come down together so we don't do nothing too outdoorsy.

bruk

Been round the one at Delamere after hours with climbing kit, quite good fun and free!

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Go Ape….worth £30? (Thetford/Woburn)’ is closed to new replies.