Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • go ape…any cop?
  • cycleworlduk
    Free Member

off tomorow for the day with my missus and her folks…should be good as ive got underlying vertigo..uk’s longest zip slide! bring it on!

stumpy01

I’ve done the one at Thetford & Swinley. If you are good with heights and do stuff like climbing then it’s perhaps a bit tame.
    But, I found it suitably challenging, but not too difficult. The worst bits for me are the Tarzan jumps. It helps if you are tall (i’m not) as your reach across the traversing obstacles is a bit easier.

dave_rudabar
    Free Member

My GF & I loved the one at Whinlatter. We did it first thing in the morning so the mist was still hanging around which made it more fun.

iain1775
    Free Member

tame
    the trail centre of climbing
    featureless and boring
    diluted for the masses
    should be a blue grade not a black
    its not bouldering or proper climbing is it

only joking, its a good laugh you will have fun garanteed

Karinofnine

I did the one at Bedgebury. I thought it was brilliant, although I have difficulty with heights (freezing up). At one point you have to throw yourself off a platform at a net and I admit I sat there for a few seconds gathering my nerve before I could do it.

jedi

todays coaching client said herts shore is like a gnarly go ape! 🙂

Jamie
    Free Member

Did the one at Buxton. Good fun if there is a group of you….bit steep at £30 a pop, but I imagine there insurance premiums must be quite high.

….you do get a stamp when you go. Get 2 stamps and the 3rd time is free IIRC.

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

Did FoD as a hen do and we had a cracking time.

breakneckspeed
    Free Member

done similar in France and its top fun – but find the UK stupidly expensive

bol

I did the Thetford one on Tuesday with my 10 year old daughter. It was great fun. Quite a challenge for both of us, but a good day out.

Worth looking on the local tourist authority website for a 20% discount which is worth having. Saved a tenner between us through the Norfolk one.

40mpg

Done the one at Moors Valley, Dorset. Struggled to keep up with my 14 yr old daughter, as vertigo made my palms rather sweaty!

She thought it was ace, I’m happy to keep my feet (and tyres) on the ground!

DickBarton

I really enjoyed it. The long slide at start takes you over a waterfall. Apart from first and last slide you can repeat all sections a good few times. Was good. Enjoy.

Spud

If anyone works for the NHS you can discounted entry!

Markie
    Free Member

Went with friends and two kids, 7 and 9, a year ago. It was cold and poured down all day… we all had a great time! Yeah, as a climber I could argue it’s tame, but I think that would miss the point big time. It’s a great family day out!

Have fun!

didnothingfatal
    Free Member

BMC membership gets discount. Good laugh.

coatesy
    Free Member

Try the one at coed y brenin, when nobody’s looking you can sneak off for a ride instead.

clubber
    Free Member

Yet another to say that we had a great time at the New Forest one on a stag do.

cxi
    Free Member

It’s very good IMO, especially in a bigger group.

I’ve done Delamere (twice), Cannock, Buxton and Grizedale. Need to MTFU as the big Tarzen Swing gets me everytime – end up shuffling off the edge 🙄

scaredypants

go naked, greased and without any wires

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘go ape…any cop?’ is closed to new replies.