Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Go ape.? Anygood.?
  • neilsonwheels
    Free Member

Anyone had a go. The gf wants to drag me on the one at cannock chase. I am shite scared of hights so it should be a laugh.

Any good.?

Stoner
    Free Member

great fun.

Went to the one up near Grizedale for a stag do.

Thoe who have vertigo make it much more fun for everyone else too 🙂

clubber
    Free Member

I went to the New Forest one on a stag do and it was brilliant 🙂

MrsToast
    Free Member

I’ve been on the Cannock Chase one twice – last year for my hen do, and yesterday for my birthday. It’s a great laugh – the only thing I’d say is try going mid-week, as it gets busy at the weekends.

coffeeking
    Free Member

Did one in the Alps. I’m “nervous” of hights. On some occasions I had to really have words with myself to get myself to attempt the next stage. Then at the end I decided it’d be a chuckle to do the extra “hard” version – an extra 6 or so stations that basically involved massive upper body strength. At this point I was shattered and the pain was hard enough to overcome so I forgot about the heights!

Great fun. Not sure what the UK ones are like, but if they’re similar it’ll be worth the cash, and mroe.

trail_rat
    Free Member

the one at aberfoyle looked really good as we zoomed about underneeth at the sxc there !

grumm
    Free Member

It’s good fun. Try and do that balance bits without gripping onto the wire handrail things – I found it really physically hard to make myself do it.

The zip wires and the ‘jungle swing’ thing were great fun, wasn’t overly into the balance bits. I do think it’s more catered towards people who don’t usually do anything at all scary.

Still worth doing though.

Moses

The one in New Forest / Bournemouth area is huge fun.

Lummox

yeh verwood/bournemouth/new forest – awesome fun- release the inner kid

joemarshall
    Free Member

It is great fun if you time each bit and race across them. Or perhaps we are just sad and nerdy and over-competitive.

Joe

Rich
    Free Member

I thought *this* looked better, especially the 100ft plummet, haven’t tried it yet though.

Harry_the_Spider

Great fun. Done Grizedale and Delamere. If you end up on a platform with somebody that you don’t know try saying “This is how they taught me to do it in the SAS”… then scream like a little girl when you jump off.

If you land backwards on the zip lines it will drive sand about 18″ up your ass.

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

I’m always trying to ge Mr MC to do it but he’s not interested! I think it looks awesome. I’m hoping to do the one in the Forest of Dean for a hen do in July! If you go to the go ape website you can see which one has the longest zip slide and highest points etc.

Harry_the_Spider

Delamere had the longest one a couple of years ago. Don’t know if the new ones have beaten it.

I liked Grizedale more because it was higher up.

grumm
    Free Member

The zip wire that goes over the road at grizedale is ace.

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

Great fun. We are probably having the high wire log trail at Avon Tyrrell open for the Big Bike Bash. Zip wire and climbing wall are confirmed.

Olly
    Free Member

Tip Top 🙂

do it you fanny

kernowfornia

Pah, that’s nothing.

I got dragged (literally, I HATE heights) on this when in CR 2 years ago:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pzPMUO-TRts

Bloody terrifying, I only opened my eyes after the first 3……….

beanum

OP: “I am shite scared of heights” – you should love it then:

🙂

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Go ape.? Anygood.?’ is closed to new replies.