Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 217 total)
  • Gnarly Gnarly Cutgate Video…
  • poisonspider
    Free Member

And before some witty comments about my typos, they’re just that, typos. 🙄

grenosteve
    Free Member

There’s Nothing gnarly about cutgatr

digga
    Free Member

fr0sty125 – Member
    Can I request videos of cavedale, the beast and Jacobs ladder.

Can I request a box-set of these plus the 2015 Megavalanche for next Christmas?

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

I loved that video cos It reminds me of me!

*shit arse **** bollox aaargghh!*

hora
    Free Member

Arse on tyre? Its flowy and classic singlettack. Parkin Clough and some..cheeky is are on tyre. Get away wich’u!

poisonspider
    Free Member

Well clearly Hora, you must be a much better rider than me, the OP and anyone else that has commented on the steepness of that last section.

Which let’s face it, is what you really want and that is for everyone to think that you da man!

I wish I was you, it must be ace. 🙄

kristoff
    Free Member

Never ridden there but looks like he enjoyed it which is the main thing is it not?

I’m sure we’ve all bottled various bits of trail or made poor line choices over our riding history, if not you must be some sort of mtb legend.. Or possibly fall off an awful lot.

Thanks to OP for posting and thanks to the maker of the video. 🙂

poisonspider
    Free Member

STW is full of ‘legends’. Just ask them.

dday

Reminded me: Anybody got a link of the Russian(?) guy just losing his sh1t on a trail while his mate holding the camera just chuckled the whole way through? He was trying to climb an innocent looking trail, ended by throwing his bike in the trees. Sure I saw it here, a while back through.

benjii19
    Free Member

Maybe the right line needs spray painting on??? Maybe bollards to protect the rest….

Are we allowed to walk through mud is that ok?

digga
    Free Member

benjii19 – Member
    Maybe the right line needs spray painting on??? Maybe bollards to protect the rest….

Fair point.

If riders are new to wild country, the transition from trail centres to proper navigation is tricky. Perhaps a dot-to-dot trail marking system made from everyday objects like energy gel wrappers, empty cans of Red Bull and old inner tubes could work?

benjii19
    Free Member

That sounds like a cracking idea!!! Maybe DCC could give it a nice surface.

poisonspider
    Free Member

benjii19 – Member

You would obviously have to consult with the STW Elite to determine which is the acceptable line choice of course.

We can’t have you putting the bollards in any old place, you might crush a blade of grass or ruffle some heather.

scotroutes

I have to say that I was very curious as to why he preferred the muddy/slippy line to the drier/rocky one.

And then I watched this…
    [video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TbDn1825esI[/video]

Onzadog
    Free Member

I remember a pootle along cut gate once. Someone :oops:at the front took that line and lots of people followed instead of taking the left hairpin and zig-zagging down. Given that a pootle is a fairly average spread of riders and a big enough group to be “statistically significant”, then I’d say the “average” rider doesn’t take that route down. Maybe all the dhwc heros might like to keep that in mind.

He sounds like he’s having a cracking time of it though.

rhayter

This video made Cut Gate look like fun… The OP looked like a thankless (but gnarly) slog.

jambalaya
    Free Member

@benjii – as a walker/hiker you are taught to stick to the path for exactly the same reason, to avoid excessive erosion

ultimateweevil
    Free Member

Ha ha well that brightened up my afternoon even if his prattling was doing my head in by the end. He’d definately be at home in whistler with all the whoops on his way down the trail. Best line from the whole video is towards the end when he comes out with the classic “we’re all going to die” LMFAO. Seriously!!

My only criticism is that his handle bars don’t look wide enough to be in with the Gnar crowd

forexpipz
    Free Member

I was running 160 pikes on a 29er.

It was wet and muddy.

There were sections that were and I repeat ‘gnarly’.

I had low pressure.

That end bit was after three and a half hours **** around up on the moors. I was pickled.

Im 34 so **** u.

If you wanna get into a technical debate about irrelevant stuff then rant away but ffs be tactful with your insults.

Please can I see some of your videos as well and then we could probably have rational discussion. Otherwise its pure speculation on the mountain.

poisonspider
    Free Member

forexpipz

Whilst I stand by my defense of you against all the postulating and willy waving, I distance myself from the “I’m 34 so **** U” bit.

I’m not clear why you keep mentioning how old you are? Is it because you think 34 is too old to be riding this stuff (in which case you really are on the wrong forum) or you are too young to know any different (in which case you should know 34 really isn’t that young anymore, soz)?

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Probably mincing too…
    Was just taking it easy
    (not cut gate) [video]http://vimeo.com/114468919[/video]

Mike age 35 and 5 months.

(never filtered sheep piss)

forexpipz
    Free Member

I think its fisheye or something. The bars are 800mm.

poisonspider
    Free Member

Shame on you!!

You were doing so well until the very very end when you deviated from the official line!!! Why would you take the more interesting line with the drop off rather than the one the trail builders had tirelessly toiled over.

At least it wasn’t wet and muddy otherwise I might just explode at your selfishness/ineptitude!!

forexpipz
    Free Member

Just for the record I didn’t actually walk up to a sheep and say hey. You mind if I just couple up the water filter to your bits so I can re-charge.

forexpipz
    Free Member

I didn’t even ask. lol.

Seriously. I put the water filter in a river. Believe what you will but unless i’m seriously de-hydrated I don’t normally go round raping sheep with water filters.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Why would you take the more interesting line with the drop off rather than the one the trail builders had tirelessly toiled over.

You mean the cleaned up trail option? Part of the design 🙂

Milkie
    Free Member

I enjoyed that video with the commentary/sound, not often you get commentary! I would imagine this is what some of my friends would be saying to themselves if I took them.

34 is still young, I’m turning 34 soon, still young and still learning new things!! 😀

Some of my videos, but no idea how this rationalises peoples comments/opinions Warning: There is probably the use of “gnarly” and definately “Epic” so if you are an easily offended STW’er (thats everyone).. Don’t watch. 😉

hora
    Free Member

So am I allowed to ride alone or was my ride this morning dangerous?

poisonspider
    Free Member

To be fair, back in the day before Camelbaks I did fill up my water bottle in the stream at the bottom of Roych Clough. It had little swimmy things in. I drank it anyway, I was desperate.

forexpipz
    Free Member

I didn’t even post this yet I find myself getting sucked in.

Incidentally does anyone know why when I extract a gopro file through gopro studio into an avi it only loads an eigth of footage into premiere pro cc.

Its driving me nuts because I would like to edit the video with a few stills of me planting trees and upholding the countryside code.

To the haters. Wait till its dry. I’ll be back. With some epic fails.

poisonspider
    Free Member

Given your comments on this post Hora, I’d have thought you were used to riding alone cos everyone else is too sh1t to ride with you!

hora
    Free Member

I’d be up for that. High winds or rain and its the peaks worst trail. Dry its stunningly brilliant. Makes you feel like your carving. To avoid the wind/rain today I rode beast/Hope cross/gores figure of 8.

Milkie
    Free Member

Forexpipz, you should be able to just drag n drop a GoPro video file straight into Premiere. You shouldn’t need to do anything to get into Premiere.

Lifer
    Free Member

forexpipz – Member

I didn’t even ask. lol.

Seriously. I put the water filter in a river. Believe what you will but unless i’m seriously de-hydrated I don’t normally go round raping sheep with water filters.

And now I have image of you with a Britta jug chasing after a rather distressed sheep. Which reminds me of an Australian/Kiwi joke.

“I’m not shearing him with anyone”

sonofozzz1
    Free Member

I thought forexpips film was very entertaining, mainly due to the comentary. **** a duck was a highlight for me.
    I wouldn’t knock him at all,and agree that he’s getting out and having fun which can only be a good thing.
    I find most go pro vids dull. Including the one of mike mincing down that trail.
    I think I would rather ride the trail in mikes film though. Where is that mike?

forexpipz
    Free Member

You just wait until I cram a 29+ in the pike.

Then we’ll see. Oh yeah will we see Jefferson. We will see. Gettin’ the idea.

I’m going to do a haters edit.

fasternotfatter
    Free Member

forexpipz – Loved the video. Screw what anybody says there are some well gnarly bits on that descent. You were going a fair pace and hey guess what you might take a different, even faster, line the next time you do it. 😀

chakaping
    Free Member

Yes, we want more vids.

You will be the next internet celebrity. Like that Zoella bird, but gnarlier.

Scienceofficer
    Free Member

Well, this is shaping up to be an stw classic.

wrecker
    Free Member

What’s not to like? Bloke having a riot out on his bike. “Gnarly gnarly gnarly wooooooooooooooooo”
    Brilliant. More please.

Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 217 total)

The topic ‘Gnarly Gnarly Cutgate Video…’ is closed to new replies.