Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Gmail – Mails Going Missing
  • Coyote
    Free Member

Bit of a funny one this. I have alerts set up on Jobsite and last night I spotted an email for a peach of a job pretty close by. Opened Gmail this morning with the intention of applying and the mail isn’t there. Now this has happened a couple of times lately. There are no major shenanigans occurring so don’t think hacking has happened, password changed anyway. Can folk recall emails that have been read or is there something more sinister happening?

rwc03
    Free Member

Any chance you opened it on a mobile? May have accidentally swiped it and therefore archived it. Will still be in All mail if so

Stoner
    Free Member

as above, Id be checking the Spam folder and bin first. But Coyote knows one end of a keyboard from the other some I guessing he already has…

disco_stu
    Free Member

is there something more sinister happening?

The NSA obviously don’t want you to have that job! 😉

jambalaya
    Free Member

Are you sure the email was sent (you said you’d seen an email so perhaps yes). Check spam and bin. Ive been using gmail as my primary personal address for 3 years without an issue.

RealMan
    Free Member

First thing that springs to mind is if you use the account on a mobile, could it have been moved/deleted from there? Some phones have auto delete settings after a certain duration.

Alternatively, your email might not have been hacked, but if you use a shared computer someone might have accidentally messed with it (kids, wife, dog…).

zokes
    Free Member

I have the odd strange thing happen where I ‘lose’ mail depending on what device I saw it on first. Not got it pinned down entirely, but it seems for the most part to be different email clients’ (and Gmail itself’s)spam filters at work. I do usually re-find the ‘lost’ mail in “all mail” though

porter_jamie

it’s really easy to accidentally move emails on an andriod phone. look in the all mail folder, and also do a search. better to do this on a pc

martinhutch

It’s still not as shite as the new Outlook Hotmail. It’s like being on dial-up.

mogrim

Have you tried searching using “is:unread”? My older tab is a bit flakey at times, and doesn’t show unread mails correctly in the inbox without actively searching for them.

wwaswas

Did you delete from the mobile and have mobile set to ‘also delete from server’?

ThePinkster

It’s possible that it may have been recalled by the sender if they didn’t mean to send it out at that time.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Gmail – Mails Going Missing’ is closed to new replies.