Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • gmail forwarding – for replies only ?
  • scaredypants

Anyone happen to know if this is a goer ?

I have a “disposable” gmail account that I use when I don’t really want to give my proper one to a website. Obviously, it mostly fills with spam but sometimes I might need to chase up an order, for example.

I do look in now & then but sometimes forget for a week or six 😳 and occasionally I miss an important reply to something. I’d like gmail to forward any message that is a reply (or else that is part of a “conversation” whose messages number >1 )

Has anyone got a clue how I might do that ?

scaredypants

lunchtime bump, in faint hope

mikewsmith
    Free Member

easy option?
    Don’t use that address for orders…
    Gmails standard filtering sorts most of it for me keeps the rubbish out of site but shows the new mail

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    scotroutes

When you say “spam” do you mean marketing emails from the companies you’ve ordered from or shitty spam? I find Gmail blocks all the latter.

scaredypants

Principally this is marketing emails from people to whom I’ve given the address. I want to see occasional messages from them so can’t block them but don’t want all the “hi scaredy, it’s black friday and you won’t believe….”

I use a sort of umbrella gmail account that can view my home stuff, work stuff etc all in one, but I don’t want the disposable stuff all appearing as the “all” inbox churns a bit too fast for me already

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘gmail forwarding – for replies only ?’ is closed to new replies.