Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Gmail and Iphone
  • carbon337
    Free Member

I have been using my gmail acc on my iphone for about a year but it doesnt appear to handle Push mail and it seems I need to rely on the fetch function.

After readig a bit on google it appears I need to setup Google sync – setting up via an exchange account rather than the Gmail link when adding a new mailbox.

Is this the current method people use? Will I need to add another mailbox via the exchange function to get push working correctly then disable the old gmail box?

damo2576
    Free Member

Yep – set up as exhange. Make sure you have imap enabled in gmail.

Google “gmail imap iphone” – there’s loads of how to’s on this

iamtheresurrection

It may or may not matter to you, but you can only have one exchange account set up on your iphone…

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    carbon337
    Free Member

Thats no problem with only one exchange mailbox. So basically the exchange route gives faster email delivery to your phone than the original Gmail mailbox (pre-confiured/wizard).

GrahamS

Not got GMail, but I use the Google Sync Exhange Server to sync our calendars to our Google Calendars and it works very well.

(wife adds something on her phone and I see it pretty much straight away).

ratherbeintobago

It may or may not matter to you, but you can only have one exchange account set up on your iphone…

Not if you’re running iOS 4.

Andy

grievoustim
    Free Member

I have 2 gmail accounts all synched up on my I phone. Just follow the instructions on google

carbon337
    Free Member

i did follow the instructions. However there are 2 ways to do it depending on your favoured outcome.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Gmail and Iphone’ is closed to new replies.