Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Gluetrackworld..
  • vinnyeh

Long shot, but can anyone tell me what this adhesive is from the following description…

It’s the adhesive used to fix the sanef toll sensor mount to my car windscreen, very strong adhesive, in a thickish layer, needed a lot of effort to remove the mount, but it then rolled up into a nice little transparent rubbery ball quite easily, still slightly sticky, but not able to be reused.

Thanks.

maccruiskeen

could be something like ‘butyl strip’ It tends to be sold black but you can get a clear versions. Sometimes referred to as Toffee Tape

sharkbait
    Free Member

Glue

Glad to be of service.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    hooli

http://www.halfords.com/motoring/paints-body-repairs/car-tape-glue-velcro/loctite-rear-view-mirror-adhesive-kit

What about that, made for sticking plastic to glass, I have used it on an old cars rear view mirror and it sticks very, very well.

maccruiskeen

It could also be a low-temperature glue gun of some sort – like the stuff that florists use. The same/similar stuff, sometimes referred to as Snot Glue, is used to stick credit cards to letters when they are posted out or freebees onto the fronts of magazines. You can buy snot glue as pre-extruded ‘glue dots’ and they are available in a range of sticky-ness-es: Low tack (like on the back of a credit card) high-tack (magazines goodies) then high sheer and and super high tack in increasing permanence.

vinnyeh

Aah, think that’s the stuff maccruiskeen, knew I’d seen it somewhere before. Thanks, will try to hunt some down.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Gluetrackworld..’ is closed to new replies.