Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Glue for anchovies?
  • ebennett

I’m 90% certain the glue for the tubeless anchovy repair thingies is just the same as the stuff that comes in a patch kit, is that right? Noticed I was running a little low when repairing my tyre on Saturday!

On a side note, how bloody brilliant are anchovies?! Fixed 2 holes, one just above the rim, in about the same time it would have taken me to stick a tube in and then you don’t have the faff of repairing the tyre when you get home.

jonnyboi

Glue? I just stick one in and leave it, takes about 10 seconds. Maybe trim it off when I get home.

simons_nicolai-uk
    Free Member

Yes, it’s just rubber vulcanizing glue. Same stuff.

You can use anchovies without but IME they risk getting dislodged or coming out if they tyre goes down. If you use glue they get properly bonded to the hole and shouldn’t go anywhere. But, yes, anchovies are great – can’t believe it took so long to find out about them. So quick, easy and clean compared to removing a muddy tubeless tyre full of fluid and getting a tube in there.

These Camel ones are supposedly self amalgamating (so don’t need glue). Still better with. They’re great thick things but you can cut them down https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/TUBELESS-TYRE-REPAIR-STRING-TYRE-PLUGS-GENUINE-CAMEL-SCHRADER-STRING-20-X-4/131349855998?hash=item1e950fbefe:g:PN0AAOSw~FNUZkw3

jonnyboi

I’ve used loads of these, never had an issue with them coming out. However YMMV

Tyre worms

greyspoke
    Free Member

The anchovies stay in fine. It’s the boiled egg that keeps falling out.

vincienup
    Free Member

😆

thecaptain
    Free Member

fish paste?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Glue for anchovies?’ is closed to new replies.